Shuboxlover

WHAT THE....How did this happen????

Shuboxlover

I'll tell you how it happened....I was in my shed tonight, a guy who bought a tractor of mine a couple years ago brought it over so I could tune it up and give it the once over....I started counting my tractors....and I was a bit shocked to realize how my heard has ballooned!!!!!!!  As some of you know, I worked on a 69 Roadrunner all winter a year ago, and now I'm finishing my basement.  Well, I haven't had time to sell many horses, but have kept collecting.  My herd has quietly (depending on who you ask :) ) grown to 23.  Hopefully this summer I can thin it out to a bit more manageable number like 15 or so....we'll see.

Never been addicted to anything like this in my entire life....other than my wife!!!!!   :)

• Like 9

Vinylguy

23 ? you may have cornered the market in Nebraska. 

Lane Ranger

Yes it happens  very quickly!    We are at or beyond that number now too!    

AMC RULES

Isn't possible to have too many...is it?  :eusa-think: 

• Like 2

chazm

Hello :rs:  My name is Shuboxlover ... and I have an addiction & need all your help :pray:

• Like 2

Shuboxlover

23 ? you may have cornered the market in Nebraska. 

I can't even begin to imagine how many I would have if I lived in .....let's see......Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania.....etc, etc....

RMCIII

Lucky you got your addiction the right way round ,you could have ended up with 23 wives   :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :ROTF:

Yeah, then try thinning out that herd!!!!!! :ychain:  :bow-blue:  :teasing-signhere: 

• Like 4

boovuc

You need to put stalls in that shed to keep them separated!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Lucky you got your addiction the right way round ,you could have ended up with 23 wives   :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :ROTF:

Or even worse, 23 ex wifes!!!

• Like 1

JC 1965

Problem with being addicted is ( there's no cure ) all you can do is treat the symptoms by purchasing more tractors.   :eusa-whistle:  

JC 1965

Or even worse, 23 ex wifes!!!

Now that's funny,      :bow-blue:

• Like 1

fireman

At the height of my collecting I had 17 tractors at one time and they were all in either my workshop or garage. I probably have had over 50 in total. I refused to let them sit outside in the weather. It got to a point that I could no longer do any work in my shop or get anything in or out of the garage without moving tractors around. That's when I knew I would have to solve my addiction problem. It killed me do it but I started to sell off my prize tractors. As time went by, it got easier and I realized that because of my property (house is built into a hillside and a very small yard) I could no longer have a collection. I'm kind of an all or nothing guy so I decided that collecting for me was over. It sucks because I really enjoyed it especially the hunt! I even sold off my beloved Senior (but that's a whole other story I don't care to think about!). I'm down to just 2 now. My first RJ which I put 6 months or restoration into and a lot of money I'll never get back and my diesel Lawn Ranger which I have a ton of hours into and just love! I won't ever sell these as I bring them to the local shows and tractor parades. 

I sometimes give some guys (especially SteveBo) a hard time when they buy another tractor but in reality I'm just depressed and jealous that I can't do the same. I could but I think it was worse for me when I did have more. 

I think for now I have found the best balance.

Just my $.02

Edited by fireman
  • Like 7

SNYFIX

We say you can NEVER have too many !!!

HorseFixer

Well I'm not far behind you with 22 of them :wacko:

~Duke  :wh: 

bowtieguy

What is the old saying....."once had alot of money but I spent most of it on fine wine and good looking women...the rest of it I wasted on  Wheel Horses"

Funny how the addiction is a common problem, (mine started in 1974) then comes the problem of how to get rid of them..I've even tried to give some away!!!

Maybe I should turn them loose to roam the ranges of Kansas and Nebraska!...look out Bahner, Uncle Buck and Shoebox :greetings-waveyellow:

weien's wheel horses

Ill take some have lots of grazing ground lol

bowtieguy

Open your barn doors....am planning on taking some to the great tractor show in your town this fall...I have a 520H w/60" deck that you need!!

Shuboxlover

:eusa-whistle::greetings-wavingyellow: When is said show????????

AMC RULES

There's a show everyday here on  :rs:

:wwp:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

There's a show everyday here on  :rs:

:wwp:

Isn't That the Truth!  :)

~Duke :wh:

• Like 1

squonk

I couldn't imagine how many I would have if I still lived in the house I grew up in. My parents bought it from a family that owned a local feed mill and they were retiring. It was a big place in the village but it came with a couple of acres and a big "carriage house" barn. Back then you could keep all kinds of animals in the village so the had chickens, turkeys and Horses (the real ones! ) The barn was equipped with like 6 individual stalls, an inside corral and and outdoor one too.Numerous indoor rooms, sliding doors and a big upstairs that was wide open. A big door to the upper end with a big  I beam sticking out to hoist heavy objects up. All I had was a 604 then and where it was parked I probably could have had another 15 with it and still had room. It held 2 cars  plus we had a basketball court when the cars were out. I could just imagine storing about 50 tractors in there plus attachments and a boatload of parts with no need to stack anything.

546cowboy

Well actually I sold all my horses except the "High Horse" last year and that was 23 tractors including parts tractors and a couple other brands. They just seem to multiply on their own when you're not looking. There are quite a few collectors I have heard of with between 50 and 100. Most of those were not Wheel Horse collectors though. I met a guy about 5 or 6 years ago who had 50 or so Cub Cadets. Wonder how many he has now.