Retired Wrencher

continue hh60 post

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh: there was some concern about positioning  of the stator plate after removal. I used some light chisel work to make the mark because of the block. With this do I still have to time the engine??? enjoy the video. Gary    B......          CLICK ON VIDEO TO RUN.........th_HDV_0045_zps4397bc38.jpg  

Edited by T1257

WH nut

I say if it were timed before you should be good.

shorts

I would go thru the procedure just to double check the timing just because experience tells me that it only takes a couple of degrees to affect performance.

Howie

If I remember correctly the old tecumseh manuals told you to mark stator and engine then line marks back up.

Could possibly be off a little but still run. Not as exact as doing it the other way especially with head off.

David

mark89

Is .80 befor tdc and on the comp stroke with both valves closed

WH nut

Is .80 befor tdc and on the comp stroke with both valves closed

yep

mark89

Cool thank you

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: Well I am ready to time the engine now I have all the tools to do it. will post a short video of the set up when I can Gary    B.....

shorts

Just trying to get the facts straight is it .80 or .080, huge difference .80 is more than 3/4 of an inch, .080 0s like 1/12 of an inch and just sounds more like a  place that the timing would be set.

Retired Wrencher

Just trying to get the facts straight is it .80 or .080, huge difference .80 is more than 3/4 of an inch, .080 0s like 1/12 of an inch and just sounds more like a  place that the timing would be set.

it is.080 I can post some info on this soon. ok. GARY  B...................

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: Shorts I hope this helps. enjoy. Gary     B.......  click on to run and be patient.      th_HDV_0046_zps1839c409.jpg

Edited by T1257

shorts

I was just questioning the previous post that stated .80 and didn't want anyone to go thru the exercise only to have to eat some humble pie and go thru the motions of having to redo something do to an easy to make mistake for a layman to make.