Racinbob

Suburban 400 Find in Florida

Aldon

Very nice!

• Like 2

Racinbob

Thanks guys. Yes Richie, I'm proud of it. It's not to the level of what many of the guys do here but I did my best and I'm happy. Thanks to your great welding the hood came out better than I ever thought it would. :handgestures-thumbupright: :)

Aldon, I'm looking forward to meeting you at the big show with your K341 in my truck. :)

• Like 3

Jake Kuhn

Very nice Job on it Bob! Turned out great! 

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

She's a real beauty Bob, love the stack. :thumbs: You done good my friend!

• Like 1

TDF5G

She looks mighty fine!

:text-bravo:

• Like 1

Aldon
20 hours ago, Racinbob said:

:handgestures-thumbupright: :)

Aldon, I'm looking forward to meeting you at the big show with your K341 in my truck. :)

Very much appreciate the assist and look forward to meeting you as well.

19richie66

Wish I could go........:bow-blue:     :snooty:

Edited by 19richie66

oliver2-44
On 3/8/2016 at 1:28 PM, Racinbob said:

DSCN0485.thumb.JPG.6503b16175fd51c377100

@Racinbob In this picture I see the flanged bushing you put in the hood for the steering shaft.  Can I ask how you attached it.

Also do you recall what heigth gas tank neck you used. i'm need to order some from Starbolt supply.

One of these days I need to start a Suburban restoration thread.  I've go you beat on the slow road,,,,,,  

Edited by oliver2-44

Racinbob
10 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

@Racinbob In this picture I see the flanged bushing you put in the hood for the steering shaft.  Can I ask how you attached it.

Also do you recall what heigth gas tank neck you used. i'm need to order some from Starbolt supply.

One of these days I need to start a Suburban restoration thread.  I've go you beat on the slow road,,,,,,  

Actually Jim, there isn't one on the steering shaft. What you're seeing is the kill button that was on the shroud of the K-91. I enlarged the hole that was there and relocated it.  

As far as the gas tank neck I made it. The original was mangled in the typical fashion so I removed it and soldered in a better but not perfect neck. Then I was able to remove a neck from a new tank I had and soldered it to the first neck. The tank mounting straps were much thicker that the originals which dropped the tank down. Originally the hood didn't have a grommet around the filler. It was mangled pretty bad so I enlarged it and installed that grommet that I got from @Lane Ranger I believe those were used on some Lawn Rangers. Proving that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then the height of the stacked filler necks turned out perfect. If you have the thinner straps I don't think you'd want it as tall. 

Definitely do start a thread on your restoration. I'd love to follow along and we can see who wins the slow race. :D