Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse Kid

Turning my Wheel Horse 1045 Pulling Tractor into a Show Tractor

Wheel Horse Kid

Hey Guys,

Finally got started on "freshening" up my 1045 pulling tractor that my Grandpa built for me close to 10 years ago! I stopped pulling with it several years ago and have no plans to pull for awhile, but it is still very special to me and I have decided I am going to make it into a show/parade tractor. With that being said, I am going to take the next month or 2 getting it all fixed up and into it's "show clothes" as it has been in storage for awhile and is showing some age. My goal is to have it ready for a cancer fundraiser tractor parade on June 14th. I want to sand blast and powder coat it, get new decals, new (and bigger) tires, change out the pulleys to get a little more speed, new exhaust stack, beef up the front end a bit (mostly steering), and some other things. The engine will need new gasket's and it is making a knocking noise so we are trying to figure out what is causing that (That is why there is a pic of the torn apart engine). I am also not going to tell grandpa about it now so I can surprise him and he can see it when it is all done!

Here are some pics of my progress so far:

post-5114-0-29040000-1396369476_thumb.jp

post-5114-0-91067600-1396369516_thumb.jp

post-5114-0-42776600-1396369535_thumb.jp

post-5114-0-15894600-1396369554_thumb.jp

• Like 1

312Hydro

That's going to be a great surprise! Looks good already! :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 312Hydro