Sign in to follow this  
bell

Tecumseh/ Lauson comparison

bell

I have an upcoming Suburban (551) project and I was wondering about using a H60 or HH60 with the electric start, in place of the H55 that I don't have....

I have a H60, so I can get measurements off of it, but I do not have a H55.... and I CANNOT find one. Can someone with a H55 take a couple measurements so I can compare?

Do the H55 and H60 look similar/ identical to eachother?

Thanks for any input, JB

sorekiwi

Jon, you could've compared the 2 when you were at my place a week ago! My 502 has an H55, and there was an H60 in a million pieces sitting on the bench.

They are very similar and I think the external dimensions are the same. They even share a lot of internal components, as discussed in this thread recently.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4908

The pulley side cover is looks slightly different (due to having an internal oil pump on the H55).

Let me know what dimensions you want.... I've got a lot of pictures of H55's too.

bell

Jon, you could've compared the 2 when you were at my place a week ago! My 502 has an H55, and there was an H60 in a million pieces sitting on the bench.

They are very similar and I think the external dimensions are the same. They even share a lot of internal components, as discussed in this thread recently.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4908

The pulley side cover is looks slightly different (due to having an internal oil pump on the H55).

Let me know what dimensions you want.... I've got a lot of pictures of H55's too.

Sounds like a reason to make another trip out to your place! :banghead: I think it will work... It seems to be easier to find the H60's, so I think I'm gonna put one on my 551..... Thanks, Jon