k+s 1277

1056 k-301 starter gen.not charging.

k+s 1277

hi I have a k-301 with a starter generator,took cover off of regulator,has new style,bolt that holds air gap setting was loose,on voltage side. what is the air gap on this new type? anyone know? will not charge battery.and it's a new battery.   thankyou.

gwest_ca

Perhaps this manual will do it but it has a 1972 date

Garry

k+s 1277

thanks gwest_ca, but I have a manual,it has the older regulator and adjustments,this is a newer style regulator. don't think adjustments are the same,dont know for sure.but thankyou for your input!.

k+s 1277

maybe wrong regulator,i don't know,it had bad battery when I bought it so I put a new battery in it, worked good for a month,now discharging. 1056 wheelhorse.

slammer302

I went through the same thing had a new voltage regulator put on works great now

Gunny

That manual is great.  I just finished rebuilding a starter/gen tonight.  Cleaned up, painted, New bearings, Brushes were still good, can't find them down here anyway.  Looks like new. Just waiting to finish the assembly on the 1056 and the Kohler.  Look good, hope it operates correctly!

k+s 1277

I got it fixed,reset air gaps on regulater,works like new!.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

I'm having the same issue with my 1056 and a 857.It's not charging.how do you set the regulator.