chris hall

repower a b80

chris hall

i think it's time to retire the old k181s. what would be a viable motor choice ? i was thinking of a k301 or k241. a vanguard 18 would be awesome but, the size and price scare me a little. what you think ?

WH nut

Rebuild

Sparky

More HP is cool and all that.....but do you need it? What's the tractor doing? Spinning a 36" deck and pushing snow with a 42' blade?

Mike..........

chris hall

More HP is cool and all that.....but do you need it? What's the tractor doing? Spinning a 36" deck and pushing snow with a 42' blade?

Mike..........

all of that and more. i use it for yard work pulling my trailer and anything else i need it for. i am leaning towards rebuilding . it's been a really good little tractor and my dad gave it to me so i will be keeping it regardless of the motor problem. thanks for advise !!!!!!!

47JDG

I also just recommend the rebuild. It's an inexpensive engine to rebuild, and your tractor is already setup for it. For the most part the little K181 is all you need, especially if your just spinning a 36 inch deck, and pushing and pulling things around your yard. If you later wish to upgrade to a larger mower deck and more powerful engine, just pickup another WH to suite those wants...I mean needs;)

jackhammer

chris hall

Did you happen to notice this in the for sale forum ??  vanguard  - smaller than

hm12460

Another vote for a quality rebuild. It will run for another 40 years.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

If I cant sell my tractor whole, I have a fantastic running K301 that you could shoehorn in there. Cheaper than a rebuild (it was already rebuilt last year per previous owner), you just have to swing by cincy or pay for shipping :)

chris hall

If I cant sell my tractor whole, I have a fantastic running K301 that you could shoehorn in there. Cheaper than a rebuild (it was already rebuilt last year per previous owner), you just have to swing by cincy or pay for shipping :)

how much for shipping + cost of motor ?

bmsgaffer

PM'd