Cam-c121

Identifacation

Cam-c121

Hello gents can anybody tell me any information about my c-121 please here are the numbers A3363215-4A80-4569-8527-0F92F38A32C5_zps

Model number 91-12k892

Serial 184568

meadowfield

1979 model year, same as my sons

91=1979

12=12hp

K=kohler

8=8 speed

92=Belgium

Edited by meadowfield

wheeledhorseman

Thanks for posting the numbers Cameron and the reply to my pm. Looking forward to the numbers from the other tractor - all grist to my serial number mill so as to speak.

There were two Belgian made models produced in 1979  they were 91-12K8 91 and 91-12K8 92. In the US it was 91-12K8 01 and 91-128 02. You use the US versions to look up parts from the diagrams available on the Toro lookup site (i.e ending in 01 or 02 rather than the 91 or 92 which indicates the European assembled tractors which their database won't recognise..

Can anyone explain the difference between the 91 & 92 versions (01 and 02 in the US)? They are same year and have same engine and transmission specs.

Out of interest I can add the '79 automatic C-121 was 91-12KS 91  (just got one) again mirroring the US model number 91-12KS 01.

Andy

gwest_ca

Even the 1979 operator manuals and ipl's are different for the 01 and 02 and this happened to all but the C-111 8-spd and C-161 8-speed.

The only automatics to use 01 and 02 are the C-161 Twin autos. 

In 1986 Toro took over and all model numbers got bumped up. I suspect the early was produced by Wheel Horse and the later by Toro and this is how they distinguish who made what.

Garry

• Like 1

Cam-c121

Hello again gents this is the tag off my other 121 and tiller can anyone give me any information on the 2 thanks in advance D277A242-BF1F-456B-9072-9AD3B97A54C0_zps

Model 91-12k8 91

Serial 169593

This is the tiller tag C657A628-7D2E-45FE-B13A-819DD13642A8_zps

meadowfield

The C-121 is 1979 also, probably the first half. So an older brother to your other one.

Will let someone else pipe in on the tiller....

Cam-c121

Thanks very much

meadowfield

Thanks for posting the numbers Cameron and the reply to my pm. Looking forward to the numbers from the other tractor - all grist to my serial number mill so as to speak.

There were two Belgian made models produced in 1979  they were 91-12K8 91 and 91-12K8 92. In the US it was 91-12K8 01 and 91-128 02. You use the US versions to look up parts from the diagrams available on the Toro lookup site (i.e ending in 01 or 02 rather than the 91 or 92 which indicates the European assembled tractors which their database won't recognise..

Can anyone explain the difference between the 91 & 92 versions (01 and 02 in the US)? They are same year and have same engine and transmission specs.

Out of interest I can add the '79 automatic C-121 was 91-12KS 91  (just got one) again mirroring the US model number 91-12KS 01.

Andy

Based on what I've seen of serial numbers, and assuming they are in order, my guess is that it's half years.

01/91 being the first 6 months...

But I could be miles off!

wheeledhorseman

I did wonder about that Mark but looking at the model list on RS found that in some cases there never was an 02 'version' and for example in 1976 there was an 01, 02, 03, and 04 version of the C-120 Auto and also for the C-160 Auto so maybe they were revisions of some sort that were important when it came to ordering spares?. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Re the Tiller, the Toro site identifies the model number as being for 1984 - 1989. Unfortunately no details about serials are given but there's a pattern I came across when looking up diagrams for  the RER I got recently which if applied here would suggest to me that serials in the form 6xxxx would be 1986. (The model number has to be typed in as 07-36TL03) If I'm right then this was the 93rd Tiller made in 1986.

I love mysteries with model and serial numbers but promised myself I wouldn't get involved with WHs after 20+ years of it with jeeps! So much for that good intention.

Andy

meadowfield

So much for that guess then Andy! Probably as you say, spec changes during the year.

Anglo Traction

The other lot of numbers on the Tiller Tag is the Julian Build Date, should be 4 numbers (only on WH models built in US).

Would be interesting to know if the other number is legible and in what position relative to the other 3. 

Serial numbers , if the '91' model was earlier than '92' , then the serial numbers don't run consecutively?. I admire your tenacity with those Andy!.

Don't forget that it is believed that the Model range for any given year was produced from about October of the previous year in the U.S.

This had the 'New Range' available for the following season. 

It does not appear that Belgium Plant followed that, as many Non-Distributed surplus U.S. units were shipped over for sale in Europe all year round.

Maybe they made up their own system :confusion-shrug: .

gwest_ca

Here is another 07-36TL03

Looking at other years these 60093 and 60329 serials appear to be 1989 models so that would make the build date 919x or 19xth day of 1989.

Have discovered the build dates are not the date they actually built the unit but the day they scheduled that lot of units to be built. It appears they did this once a week as it was often the same day of each week but not always. Have seen Saturdays and Sundays also. It must have been quite a challenge to determine what they had enough parts for to build.

Garry

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Here is a page that explains the model numbers at the time.

The last 2 digits are the parts list identifier 01-99

Garry