Kenmof2000

New restoration

Kenmof2000

HI folks, looking for identification please on my recent purchase, model 1 - 1631, serial no. 469653, can anyone tell me anything about it please, ie year of manufacture etc, model type etc, it comes with  a mower deck which im told is originalpost-12674-0-11258900-1394832383.jpg

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

1968 Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Here you go

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:   You have a great :wh: to start with, looks like it is all there and in good shape. Please keep us informed as you go along and take lots of pictures.  :wwp: 

:text-welcomeconfetti: 

• Like 1

Kenmof2000

Thanks guys, garry Ive just downloaded your link, many thanks for that, Tractor is mostly complete and is running, small amount of work to do, ie seat mount and backing plates are well rusted and the bonnet needs some repairs, this is my first WH and have been on the look out for one such as this for ages,,, will update with photo's as I go along!!!!

wheeledhorseman

Firstly, :WRS: you've come to the right place for help, advice and making new friends both sides of the big pond.

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Euro section, there's a fair few of us here in the UK.

Nice tractor you've got there, from Chard I think. I was thinking of bidding on that myself but the listing was ended early.

Andy

Mike'sHorseBarn

Tractor looks very nice overall. Looking forward to seeing your progress on it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: find... :handgestures-thumbsup:

they're only original once.

:WRS: 

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Welcome to the site...looks very nice. If it were mine, I would just fix mechanical stuff, and repaint the wheels and repair/replace the seat....it would look very nice that way.

chazm

WELCOME TO  :rs:

neil

Welcome to Redsquare . I saw that tractor up for auction , like Andy said it finished early.

The tractor was only about 15 miles from where i live  so was tempted to have a little flutter on this GG .

Was wondering how you managed to get it back up to Scotland ?

Its a nice rare Wheelhorse tractor to get & quite desirable in UK  , you bought a gooden .

They do come up occationally for sale on ebay so keep tuned or you can get the parts you need from here on Redsquare .

There is a guy named P Mackellow from Sussex on here  who also has a restored Lawn Ranger & was restored by Chris Sutton .

Hope you come  back here often to show us how you are getting on with lawn ranger .

Regards

Neil

• Like 1

neil

Just in case you were thinking of repainting this tractor  , In my opinion it would be best tidied up , repaint wheel rims  , oil her over & leave her as she is .

she will be more desirable & worth more in her current condition .

besides she has a lovely Patina

Kenmof2000

Thanks guys for your reply's and advice,, you'se really have me thinking now whether to restore or not,,

Neil, my son and I travelled down overnight, 7.5hr drive and same back again, we enjoy restoring old miniature tractors and stuff,, feel free guys to have a look at out website of a few we have already done, the WH will be added soon

www.myclassicvehicles.weebly.com

If anyone can help I require the seat pan/rear fender, I think most other parts are salvageable

Will keep you updated

neil

Kenny, love the website, thats quite a varied collection of vintage machinery you have there .

love the Uni Horse , did they come with a BSA engine ?

neil

How bad is your seat pan ?

WoW  7.5 hour drive from Scotland  to Somerset

Kenmof2000

Yes Neil, the Uni-horse was a single cylinder BSA engine, fibreglass nose cone, 3 spd with reverse, we won best in show just after the restoration, believe it or not we actually picked that one up in Guildford (another very long drive) and was a none runner, that was our first project, Sadly I have since sold it to a guy not to far away, and still see it at the shows, Im hoping to get it back of him at some point, sold in heat of the moment at a very decent price.. 

The seat pan is totally shot, needing to get seat for it and also a rear fender as its just as bad!!! do you know of any??

meadowfield

Great find, we like the little rangers. We've three in total, of the slightly later version.