wes welsh

Raider 12 resto

wes welsh

I got started restoring my Dad's Raider 12 this week. We are going for the show room look. This will be the smallest tractor we have ever restored, it's kind of fun! Dad had started taking it apart before he passed but never got it finished. We will have before and after pics soon. I have been around Wheel Horse tractors all my life and used them and never paid them any mind, but boy have I been bitten by the Wheel horse bug now! 

• Like 6

AMC RULES

Good deal, I'm sure Dad would be pleased... :handgestures-thumbsup:

hope you're starting a resto thread here so we can follow along.   :popcorn: 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

KC9KAS

:WRS: , and maybe you have some photos of you and your WH tractors!

Your dad would be proud of the resto project!

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:   Having you dad's project to finish is special, Keep us posted as you go along. And please, :wwp: !

:text-welcomeconfetti: 

• Like 1

neil

Welcome to Redsquare , do you have any old photos of your wheelhorses .

I sure your Dad would be delighted that you are going to finish of the Raider restoration .

• Like 1

wes welsh

Hey Guys I need help! Dad started tearing this raider 12 apart before he died and had it scattered all over the shop! I am missing it's id plate. Is there any way to Identify the year of this tractor without the plate? Also the fuel tank only has one strap on it. Should there be two? I have most of it's sheet metal stripped and ready to paint. Another question, the engine shroud is painted red but the block is bare cast. I know he had the engine rebuilt, should the whole engine be painted red block and all? any help would be greatly appreciated! I want this tractor to look as close to new as we can! We are taking pictures I just have to take the time to get em on here. I wish dad would have taken pics before he stripped the decals off the hood. We have done a lot of restore jobs on big tractors but this is the first garden tractor I have done. I usually take a bunch of pics for reference but I guess Dad didn't think of that! I do have one of the Raider 12 decals he peeled of the tank support.

Rock farmer

That should have two straps on the tank and the engine should be all red.

Joe

wes welsh

I'm really happy! we found the sn plate for this tractor today, It is a 1968.  

• Like 1