farmboy6620

what is a 1983 c-175 wheel horse worth?

farmboy6620

what is a 1983 c-175 wheel horse worth? It runs good its a twin automatic, and has a hydraulic lift just wondering what its worth

Hodge71

This is really a subjective type of question. Condition is of primary concern. Then once that is seen, attachments included is next. We really need pics to be more accurate. It could run from 100 bucks for a junker that runs to over $1000 for a pristine low hour example with implements. Is there any way you can be more accurate with a description and give us more information and possibly pics? We aren't mind readers....

AMC RULES

KT-17 series one or two?

:wwp: 

Edited by AMC RULES

farmboy6620

Series 1post-11691-0-22339800-1394857099.jpgpost-11691-0-50570500-1394857058.jpgpost-11691-0-04989900-1394857028.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Runs good $450

Runs extra good $500

Runs super extra good, good tires and no fluid leaking around the lift cylinder or hoses $550

More than that and there better be a good story behind it.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Cleaning it up will really help too.

Hodge71

Runs good $450

Runs extra good $500

Runs super extra good, good tires and no fluid leaking around the lift cylinder or hoses $550

More than that and there better be a good story behind it.

Maybe Cecil signed it..... :deadhorse:  :teasing-poke:   :violence-impact:  :angry-steamingears:

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 2

Kelly

Does it come with the vac system? I see it has the belt guard on it for one 

pfrederi

Does it smoke on startup or when revving up after idling for awhile???  As it is a Series 1 either would make it one step above a parts machine for me.

boovuc

It is very subjective. Especially for Blackhood Tractors. There are many here and outside the Wheelhorse circle that just never liked the looks of the Blackhood tractors. (Not me! I have a C-175 and consider it one of the most versatile tractors Wheelhorse made).

I would say 500 bucks tops running in it's present condition and no leaks. (It has the Series I KT17). Maybe more to an unsuspecting person without the where-with-all to look up things on the internet. If the Vac System is still with the tractor and functional as Kelly stated, maybe more. You could sell it down the street to a guy who's father had one and he wants to restore it, yadda yadda yadda for more. This is the subjective side of these things.

If it wasn't subjective, used car salesmen and lawyers would be considered trustworthy honest folks! (My apologies to car salesmen for lumping them in with attorneys). :angry-soapbox:

baerpath

Does it smoke on startup or when revving up after idling for awhile???  As it is a Series 1 either would make it one step above a parts machine for me.

Little cleanup and it'll be a good tractor. I've never had problems with the KT17 or the KT19's and my KT19 in the puller turns 5000rpm when asked

Parts machine has a series 1 engine.

post-121-0-02026300-1394889671_thumb.jpg

Pollack Pete

Not to be a smart ass here,but I don't consider ANY tractor that runs to be a parts machine.Like every thing else in life.....it is what it is.If you maintain tat series one and keep it full of oil,I think they're fine.Hell,buy something brand new and don't take care of it.......few years it will be a piece of crap too.Just my 10 cents worth.

• Like 3

JackC

The C-175 Auto and the 520H/HC are my two favorite models.  There is nothing wrong with the Series I engine as long as you do not need to run it on an incline.  The C-175 is a lot easier to work on and maintain compared to the 520 H/HC and is only 3 fewer ponies. C-175s in nice condition are hard to find.  If that is the original seat and has no cracks, that alone is good for $150 or more.  I would say it is worth $500 if that is a model you want.