dclarke

414-8 and attachments.

dclarke

I looked at this last summer and might have a chance to buy the whole package, it runs great with no smoke. The deck shell is rough, I don't know how many hours are on it. I'm looking for opinions on what a fair price would be. Thanks.

004_zps6e6588f0.jpg

006_zps1da50152.jpg

007_zpsdd7dd09f.jpg

010_zps3ec1ed6a.jpg

011_zps4cb2b5d0.jpg

014_zps2d723d64.jpg

018_zpsce1b6321.jpg

022_zps231de9b4.jpg

025_zps32e59a63.jpg

019_zps19e46ad6.jpg

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It

$1200

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Make sure you get those custom molded concrete block wheel weights too! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

I was going t say $1100 to $1200 also!     Looks like a good one Denny!  A real worker !

varosd

buy it before they wash her up and raise the price!! :D

• Like 1

can whlvr

I have a couple of 414,si like them,fair power and not real thirsty,i would say 1000 for all,350 for tractor with mower(you say deck isn't real good)300 for tiller,150 for dozer blade,and a couple hun for roller and plough,(which is plenty for those 2,start a little low and go from there

• Like 1

jackhammer

Wow are you going to have enough space for all that   -- - -  your not that far away that I couldnt help you.. Yea right..  

I can tell your thinking pretty hard on it.. that itch is probably going to get scratched

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 1

squonk

A Horsie roller! you don't see those everyday!  :thumbs:

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

A Horsie roller! you don't see those everyday!  :thumbs:

Yeah thats right! I had the roller priced at $150

• Like 1

dcrage

If you pull the trigger on this deal; ask about the bracket to mount the bagger off the back of the tractor -- I don't see it and as far as that goes it (the bagger) doesn't look quite right to me -- The tube is the right one for a 37" SD -- Maybe there is a different bag set up than the one I have

dclarke

If you pull the trigger on this deal; ask about the bracket to mount the bagger off the back of the tractor -- I don't see it and as far as that goes it (the bagger) doesn't look quite right to me -- The tube is the right one for a 37" SD -- Maybe there is a different bag set up than the one I have

Thanks, Dave. I'll see what I can find out about it and I'll pay attention to that if I go look at it again.

Denny

Forest Road

$500-750 for tractor and deck.

I've sold tillers in worse shape than that one for $500.

$1000-1500 would be fair here in NJ for the whole package.

MalMac

The 37 does use a whole different bagger set up then the 42's or 48's. The bagging system does mount different with different brackets.

wh500special

Dave,

You probably have the flip-top "Easy Twin" bagger.  The one pictured on Denny's soon-to-be tractor is the older style where the bags slide in from the back and the top is fixed.  If you lool close, you can barely see the supports in the first photo that hold the unit.  They're just 3/4" diameter bar stock with some bends.

Looks like a nice one Denny.  Put it in your shed!  But what's the deal with that one front tire?

Steve

dclarke

Looks like a nice one Denny.  Put it in your shed!  But what's the deal with that one front tire?

Steve

I'm not sure what the deal is on the front tire, Steve. The owner is 93 and not in good health so I've been dealing with his son and he doesn't know much about it.

dcrage

Dave,

You probably have the flip-top "Easy Twin" bagger.  The one pictured on Denny's soon-to-be tractor is the older style where the bags slide in from the back and the top is fixed.  If you lool close, you can barely see the supports in the first photo that hold the unit.  They're just 3/4" diameter bar stock with some bends.

Steve

Steve

Thanks for my "continuing education" -- You are exactly right on the system I have -- I had never seen an example of this older style -- Again thanks

Forest Road

The front tire steering linkage is out of adjustment. Typically when one tire wears that bad something is bent. Either one axle or a piece of the linkage. It's a cheap fix and should not deter you from making the purchase.

ericj

somebody must have done a tire swap on this tractor. I've never seen a 414-8 with 6" tires and I can't tell if the backs are 23x8.50x12 or 22x9.00x12. somebody probably swapped the tires to put the 37" deck under it. although i learned a long time ago that you never say never when it comes to what the factory or a dealer might do.

eric j