bionicfisherman

hydro foot pedal??

bionicfisherman

Thinking about adding a foot control for my hydro forward and reverse. I have ideas in my head but I wanted to see if anyone else has done it and has pictures. Need for a visual aid for my idea.

bmsgaffer

As long as you have a Eaton (filter on the back, not the side) this is the one:

bionicfisherman

I would love to have that one but 200 is a little bit out of my price range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

bmsgaffer

Well thats about the only way to make one work. You might be able to save some cash by hacking together a foot pedal and using the same type of linkage...

For me I dont have enough stuff laying around to do it for any less than that, so when I finish my rebuild ill be buying a kit.

leeave96

Matt's foot control kit is great! I've got two 520H tractors with it installed - really nice.

• Like 2

Martin

i think you would be hard pressed to beat the value in Matts foot control. Im sure he spent a whole bunch of time getting it right. I like to fabricate and do so on a regular basis, but for me to pay what the kit cost on the last group buy was worth every bit of not messing around getting something to work.......

i guess it depends on what value you put on your time, some like the challenge and good luck to you. if i wasn't so busy with work and tractor rebuilds i would enjoy the challenge too.....

• Like 1

squonk

Will it work on a C-145 with the 1100?

bmsgaffer

Will it work on a C-145 with the 1100?

I do believe it does, yes, i think nearly anything with the eaton 1100 setup.

squonk

I know the 145 Hydro lever is different than the column lever on the 520

Martin

the workings in between the lower hood stand are basically the same. just different linkage to the column lever whereas yours has the handle welded on the assembly.

• Like 1

Forest Road

Matt's foot control is the way to go! It took me 1-2 hours to install. I don't believe I had to cut anything . And it works awesome. Unless you're a gifted fabricator of sorts you're just wasting your time trying to duplicate it. Dollar for dollar it's a great value.

• Like 2

the_nite_owl

Has anyone done a foot pedal mod with a Sunstrand hydro?

I have a D-160 with a loader and a pedal control would be enormously helpful.

Is it true that these tractors need to come to a complete stop before moving from forward to reverse or you could damage the engine?

I have not located an owners manual for the D-160 yet.  I have the repair manual but not owners.

I have been looking into fabricating my own pedal.  I have thoughts on approaches for both a single or dual pedal setup but everything hinges on the question above about stopping completely between changing directions.  A rocker pedal could be dangerous to the tractor if the engine could take damage by switching direction too quickly.

shorts

The engine and pump always turn the same rotation, the hydraulic motor/trans has to go thru neutral going from forward to reverse so their should be no damage to the engine.

HorseFixer

I too am owner of Matt's Pedal first generation (That I converted to second Gen)  The $200.00 is an Excellent Deal and makes the tractor a time saver let me explain... I have rocker switches on a control panel on my snow chucker that operate actuators and a motor that move my Chute up down right left and I was constantly having to slow down and stop by taking my hand off the fwd reverse lever to change my chute direction. So now my left hand operates the steering and hydro lift, My right hand operates the chute control and my foot operates fwd reverse. It has help speed up and decrease my blowing time tremendously by freeing up my right hand in operating the chute controls this also allows me to put snow exactly where I want it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

~Duke :wh:

DSCN5738.jpg

the_nite_owl

The engine and pump always turn the same rotation, the hydraulic motor/trans has to go thru neutral going from forward to reverse so their should be damage to the engine.

That is good to hear. I swear I read otherwise in a manual for the tractor but I cannot find it now. The day I got the tractor I tried it out in the back yard and got the front wheels such in soft mud. I rocked the tractor back and forth a couple times and heard a clunk, then smoke started pouring from the exhaust and I shut it off. I had no compression in the left cylinder so I pulled the head to find the top of the piston laying face down in the cylinder with no sign of the rest of the piston or rod.

I had not had the tractor more than a half hour when this happened. Luckily I had a spare engine.

I have looked over the linkage setup and it should be easy enough to setup a single pedal to control movement. More difficult for a two pedal setup but I have ideas if I wanted to go that way.

bmsgaffer

I too am owner of Matt's Pedal first generation (That I converted to second Gen)  The $200.00 is an Excellent Deal and makes the tractor a time saver let me explain... I have rocker switches on a control panel on my snow chucker that operate actuators and a motor that move my Chute up down right left and I was constantly having to slow down and stop by taking my hand off the fwd reverse lever to change my chute direction. So now my left hand operates the steering and hydro lift, My right hand operates the chute control and my foot operates fwd reverse. It has help speed up and decrease my blowing time tremendously by freeing up my right hand in operating the chute controls this also allows me to put snow exactly where I want it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

~Duke :wh:

DSCN5738.jpg

Hey Duke,

Why dont you put a couple foot switches on the foot rests. You could have one for each direction of chute rotation (which I assume is the most commonly used one). Then left foot does chute rotation, right foot gives fwd/rev, right hand can adjust the chute height/steering and left hand is lift/steering...

Back on topic... I will be buying a hydro pedal from matt as soon as funds allow for the C-165 that I am in process of (re)building

• Like 1

mattd860

Thank you all for your positive feedback about my kits!! I just PMed bionicfisherman to let him know I still have one Gen 1 kit in stock that he can have for a discount.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

What is the difference between the gen one and two kits Matt? 

HorseFixer

Thank you all for your positive feedback about my kits!! I just PMed bionicfisherman to let him know I still have one Gen 1 kit in stock that he can have for a discount.

Thanks Matt :text-thankyouyellow:  as your Chief Advertizing Agent, I appreciate the Free Foot Pedal Kit...  :eusa-whistle:

~Duke  :wh:

Edited by HorseFixer

HorseFixer

Just Kidding!  :ychain:       :dance:    :handgestures-thumbupright:    :hilarious:

mattd860

LOL. I'll give you a free kit. Just send me $200 and I'll send you a "free" kit :)

• Like 1

varosd

"just pay shipping and handling!" :D

GT14

Just did mine, maybe you will see something you can use.

km3h

$200.00 may seem expensive, but Matts kit is tried and proven. I put one on my 416-H when I restored it. All I can say is wow. Now I have to find the money for four more of them. I will buy one at a time as I restore the other tractors. I can't see having a Hydro without one of these kits.