Duramax92787

belt guards/exhaust shields

Duramax92787

as many wheel horses ive seen missing belt guards and exhausts shields for suburbans and RJ's is there anybody around that can duplicate these ??I have 2 suburbans im going to half to make some sort of guards and shields because the kids riding them I don't want any of them getting caught in the belt or burnt on exhaust.

slammer302

I feel your pain I do see belt guards pop up on ebay from time to time around 50$ a exhaust shield should be easy to make

Duramax92787

Exhaust shield looks fairly simple I can make that no problem but I figured someone would be making reproduction parts by now haha

Jake Kuhn

You can get reproduction belt guards from joe papke...his email is horsedr2004@yahoo.com. 

The heat shield can be bought from normstoys.com

Duramax92787

Any idea what prices run? Just wondering before I email

rydogg

I have a couple repro belt sheilds that I picked up for projects that I am now parting out (you got the fenders/toolbox from one of them) I will be putting them up on ebay today/tomorrow I will probably start the bidding at $40 and $12 to ship, also have a repop tombstone weight that will be going on there and some other parts from a 400/550 suburban.

Duramax92787

Okay I will check them out. I paid more for your fenders than I paid for the hole tractor lol they was in good shape though and only set I could find anywhere

rydogg

They were a very nice set of fenders....I have another set for RJ/Suburban to list if you need some more also some HL-5 headlights, possibly a suburban hood depending on condition.  I have a ton of wheelhorse stuff to get gone I am doing a MAJOR downsizing so keep an eye on ebay for more goodies.

post-2337-0-74037600-1394467095_thumb.jp

post-2337-0-43117700-1394467154_thumb.jp

JKH50

Rydogg:  Looking for Suburban 400 parts;  Drive shaft pulley for mower deck, belts, snow plow bracket.  Any thing available, let me know.

Thanks;

JKH50

rydogg

Listing the belt cover tonight sorry for the delay.  I am pretty sure this is correct for the 400 and 550 suburban the other style has a 2 rib cross and this one has the single rib.

post-2337-0-98286400-1394760024_thumb.jp

Edited by rydogg

Duramax92787

I guess that would work on a 401 they look about the same idk. I never saw it listed on eBay unless it sold already

rydogg

I put it up late last night.  I have seen both styles used on suburbans not sure it makes a difference since they are exactly the same other than the extra rib on the front.

bmsgaffer

Just purely out of curiosity, why are you selling to members via ebay instead of a direct sale?

You just end up paying fees for both paypal AND ebay...

Duramax92787

I seen it on there. already got a bid on it prolly alot of people after It may not be worth bidding on cause everyone will run the price through the roof

rydogg

Reason for selling on ebay is in order to keep my power seller status on ebay I need to sell a certain quota per month, it's also easier when selling a large volume of items to just list them on ebay and let people know they can find them there, I also get more bang for my buck since a lot more people will see the items.  In times of plenty I have been known to give parts away and ship them free of charge to fellow collectors but recently my mother was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and given 3-6months without treatment and 12-18 months with treatment she is undergoing treatment but it is taking a toll on her and my father.  I am selling a lot of stuff that I normally would keep for myself cause I don't know what the future holds and if they need help I want to be able to help them in any way I can.

rydogg

Justin, I was holding one belt guard back for a future 551 restoration but I may just part that one out, it is currently in storage and I can't get at it until it thaws some more but I will let you know.

Duramax92787

Sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through hope all works out okay. eBay is probably the best for selling parts and you can make good money off of those parts as well. If you got a belt guard you don't need shoot me a message and picture I will pay a fair price for it. will also keep a eye on the one you have on eBay I'm in need of two of them. Thanks