pacer

Shipping a C-100 using Fastenals inexpensive method

neil

This is a great thread

Shipping tractors internationally isnt as painful as you think . infact its quite an easy process. I have done it 5 times now

1 with Daves tractor World

2 with Michael Martino

1 with Joe Papke

1 with another guy from PA

The hardest part for the sender is draining fuel & all oils , strapping  on a pallet, & then a little paperwork . job done .

The hardest part for the reciever is paying the shipping costs .

Do Fastenals do international shipping ?

Torino

Does it have to be in a crate to be shipped?

marvairplanes

Hey Aussie

If you are interested,

send me your name and/or address and I will forward it to my new Australian buyer.and your "neighbor"

Fun Engineer

I'm in the process of shipping a Snapper Lawn Mower from Gaylord, MI to Fairfax, VA for a guy using Fastenal.  150 pound estimate, 30"L x 23"W x 28"H.  I boxed it up, foamed around it and I'm strapping it on a pallet.  Here's the cost for three shipping companies.

UPS       $139.28

FedEx    $120.38

Fastenal   $90

Very easy to deal with. Go on line and submit a completed form and they get back to you in 24-36 hours.  You drop it off and it ships. They don't guarantee delivery times or dates but if your not in a hurry its a good way to go. 

PS. They do require you to drain all fluids from the motor or trans.  The guy I talked to said they have shipped everything from V-8's, barrels to small items.

Edited by Fun Engineer

marvairplanes

Interesting...

PS. ""They do require you to drain all fluids from the motor or trans""

I specifically asked about draining fluids. Was told that it was only necessary if the gas tank was more than 1/3 full. Only instructions I got:

Wrap both + and - battery cable ends, OR remove battery.

ericj

i shipped an 18 hp onan to TN last fall for a guy to put in a ingersall  i got 2 quotes i from fed-ex and 1 from ups. don't remember exactly what fed-ex but it was a lot higher. ups was like $215.00. the guy was extremely happy with the motor once he got it and didn't mind the cost but i bet it would have been cheaper if i had know about fastenal

ps it weighed 118#

eric j 

GlenPettit

"...Ship By Bus

Have an oversized package or something that you need to ship fast? Dodge the big shipping bill by sending it for a bus ride. It's a little known fact, but most bus lines accept freight, as well as passengers. As long as you have someone who can pick your package up when it arrives at its destination, it's a great way to save..."

Bus Shipping Services:

100lb limit per package, some restrictions of course, blah,blah,blah but dialing in a quote for an item of about 50lbs from N.Y. to Boston within possibly 8hrs @ $59 ??? I might wanna  try a slice o that !!!

stevebo

I had a 520 shipped from MO. to CT a few weeks ago and it was only $175. Seller had to strap to a pallet and drive fluids. No crate was needed. 

boovuc

Hi Neil,

Fastenal does this shipping so cheap because it's only store to store using the empty space in their fleet trucks. (LTL....Less than Trailerload). They sell fasteners of all kinds in their stores but I think it's a great idea for them to pick up extra monies from their fleet operations. They need to run those trucks to stock their shelves so why not try a side business for more income. Besides, the people who would ship things with them will also need fasteners at some time.

HorseFixer

Good Info! Was just at my local Fastenal dealer yesterday and he was telling me about this, Glad to know its working out. :thumbs:

~Duke  :wh:

dennist

Possibly going to use them for shipping some larger attachments, I will better know after a quote. I will give input after, if I use them. Great info.

Fun Engineer

Fastenal worked great for the push mower I just shipped. The contract specifically states that ALL FLUID must be drained. It took one week to travel from northern michigan to Fairfax virginia. I would highly recommend that you ship on a pallet and protect the merchandise with boxing. The box was damaged but the mower survived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

groundhog47

Does it have to be in a crate to be shipped?

I just shipped a 26lb box, cardboard box. The local outlet says he has a couple or three pallets every day going out. So far don't know if mine has been received but will check. Only saw 1 post (diff forum) where package was still "floating" out there undelivered. Am waiting to do more till find out!

And Glenn, thanks for the bus idea on small, forgot about that all together!

Edited by groundhog47