n1defan

Lift link for mid mount grader blade

n1defan

So here it is. I made a lift link for the mid mount grader blade. I would like some input from you all. What kind of demand is there for them and how much is a fair price that I can sell them for. I made this one where I work. I made a CAD drawing of it, from a pdf file that a fellow RS member posted (Thanks goes out to Him) then I cut it out on a CNC water jet cutter, turned the pins on a lathe drilled the holes and gave it a nice coat of Rust-O-Leum Regal Red. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks Tom

post-4087-0-72529200-1394279787_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Sparky

It looks great but I dont think there is a huge demand for them, I wouldn't go making 50 of em thinking that they will sell out. Maybe keep 2 or 3 ready to go and post an ad in the classifieds. Anytime you see a guy asking in the forums about a missing one send them a PM :eusa-whistle:  .

Mike........

Fun Engineer

I like it Tom. Wouldn't it be easier and less time involved to buy a clevis pin for one end and the trunnion pin for the other end and weld them in? I don't know what the demand is other than I would be interested. Price? I think in the $10-$15 range would be acceptable.

By the way we still need to get together for that parts swap.

Sparky's got a point but if your cutting one or two, you might as well let the machine cut a dozen or more at a time. Is that possible?

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

groundhog47

So here it is. I made a lift link for the mid mount grader blade. I would like some input from you all. What kind of demand is there for them and how much is a fair price that I can sell them for. I made this one where I work. I made a CAD drawing of it, from a pdf file that a fellow RS member posted (Thanks goes out to Him) then I cut it out on a CNC water jet cutter, turned the pins on a lathe drilled the holes and gave it a nice coat of Rust-O-Leum Regal Red. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks Tom

I have followed several links on here, prob one was yours. I got a NOS mid mount that is missing 2 clamps for quadrant lock, lock bar itself, and the lift link. Noticed several people needing them, saw several good build ideas, found a tad wider bar on mower lift that fit the bill for making one, and before ever got it done found one back in the NOS guy's hidden treasures that appears to be same with exception of one pin one side and other pin on remaining side. The connect point on blade support is off the center line which prob is reason for that and offset in height on yours. Anyway thanks for your showing us the good work you did! :handgestures-thumbup:

squonk

I think it looks awesome cause it's going on my blade!  :)  :thumbs:

• Like 1

ericj

i just checked with a dealer today for a buddy of mine on that very part and he believes it is still available for i believe he said a list in the ball park of $35.00. of course he is a good friend and sells to me below list 

eric j

squonk

It's N/A from Toro. That's why I had Tom make it.

rexman72

great work

n1defan

i just checked with a dealer today for a buddy of mine on that very part and he believes it is still available for i believe he said a list in the ball park of $35.00. of course he is a good friend and sells to me below list 

eric

Thanks thats what i was looking for. I sold one to Squonk for 35.00  painted with with shipping.

Fun Engineer

Tom. if you decide to make more I'll take one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Fun Engineer

clueless

I'll take one.

ericj

my buddy that's a dealer got the lift rod from toro so it is still available have your dealer check or pm me and i will put you in touch with my dealer

eric j 

multihobbyguy

I would like one also. I think $35 to my door sounds fair. Let me know if you start making them.

n1defan

If interested in a lift link please pm me. Thanks

multihobbyguy

I sent you a PM. I would like to have one.

Thank you, Chris.

JJudy75

Is this the same lift link that would allow for down pressure on a snow plow blade?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jrblanke

Are you still selling these?