Ryan&Dwayne

Wheels and Tires

Ryan&Dwayne

Hello all I am trying to make a pulling tractor for my son but Im new to this and I have some questions. My son has a 414-8 wheelhorse with 23x8.5x12 tires on it and I want to put some wider tires with chrome wheels on it. Does anyone know what size wheel I would need for a 23x10.5x12 Ag tire and what offset I would need to fit his tractor without rubbing the fenders or gas tank which is under the seat, or if anyone has any suggestions on what size tire we should run on it for the best performance?  I am also looking for an adjustable hitch and where to purchase it. Thanks for any help.

Dwayne

Hodge71

Might be good to put this in our Pullers section.Or check there already. I bet the answers are waiting

• Like 1

Sparky

You have 7" wide rims now and they can handle up to a 9.5 tire (in my opinion). Find a pair of 8.5" wide rims and they will be perfect for 10.5 rubber. They will keep the tread nice and flat and not balloned like a thinner rim would. Get rims that were on a WH originally such as a 520 or GT1800 for the correct offfset. I think Cub and Sears have to little offset and Deere rims are reversed.

Mike....

PS..I'll move this into the puller section for ya.

KC9KAS

Have you checked out this thread on widening rims?

Ryan&Dwayne

Thanks for the response sparky I appreciate the info. He really wants the chrome wheels do have any ideas on where I can find chrome ones?

Hodge71

I would suggest you PM Baerpath on here. Duane is a big time puller...he can point you in the proper direction

Rjenson

i bought aluminum rims for my puller from mid west super cub. just google it and you will find it. they have 10inch and 12 inch both with optional offsets..