boovuc

Signs of Spring!

boovuc

Couple signs of Spring in Central Pennsylvania!

(5) Seeing a few young Bald Eagles flying around Fishing Creek and Bald Eagle Creek. The Canadian Geese are resting in the park again!

(4) I saw a flock of Robins last weekend foraging around my Maple Trees

(3) I saw a few blades of grass along my Driveway before it snowed on Sunday morning!

(2) Going to work today, I actually saw a young Groundhog running through the snow parallel to Route 220! (Maybe a fleeing Punxsutawney Phil still running for his life)!

(1) And the number one sign that Spring is coming!    The Bald Eagle Township Truck made an appearance by my mother's house this morning. They only show up on election years when a supervisor's term is up so obviously, the May Primary is just around the corner!

AMC RULES

Tips of the daffodils have been seen peeking through the snow here.  :text-woo: 

Lane Ranger

This may be the first time in my life I am looking forward to tornado season!

• Like 2

Brrly1

I saw a few blades of grass to, only because I cleared a path for the trash cans to go out. It will be weeks before we see some ground here although in the back yard under the pine trees I can see the red mulch. My fingers are crossed some warm weather comes trucking thru and stays. Quick question for you. What do you guys think this summer is going to be like? My vote is very Hot and long. I have to  believe it's not going to play nice.

dennist

Another sign..it was only -6 degrees this morning here. My son's truck finally started on its own.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Absolutely NO signs of spring here in Chicago Land... :woohoo:

I do not like mud.  :)

• Like 1

SousaKerry

what is this grass thing that you speak of???

Ed Kennell

Saw some ads for "MUD SALES".

• Like 1

roscoemi

There's 36" - 48" of snow in my yard, 10 degrees with not a cloud in the sky. I'll see grass in July maybe?  :banghead:

• Like 1

squonk

Absolutely NO signs of spring here in Chicago Land... :woohoo:

I do not like mud.  :)

The Cubs aren't playing this year?  :ychain:

• Like 1

Sparky

what is this grass thing that you speak of???

I work on the shoreline here in Connecticut and for the most part everyones grass, although its brown, is exposed, but I drive 50 minutes north to my house each night after work to a yard totally covered with 7" of snow everywhere (except the septic tank!).

I really want to see my brown grass again!!

Mike.......

boovuc

Wow! Great responses! There is something that all of us will need to watch for this Spring and Summer. That is "rocks"!

The frost line was much lower into the soil this year than in many years before around my parts. We had very little snow cover to insulate the ground prior to Mid-January. I am betting that the frost is going to heave some big "goonies" up to the surface after the Spring thaw this year! Something to be careful of when we start to cut that stuff again. Oh come on! It's Green and has dog crap around it. I'll think of it sometime tonight!

PS.....the Cubs haven't play in years! Why would this year be any different!  :roll:

• Like 1

TT

I was out on the golf course today.......in my 4WD utility cart. :auto-swerve:

I was on standby in case the shear pin(s) broke in the snowblower that was being used to (hopefully) clear the snow pack off the greens.

It was too icy, so neither of us worked. B) 

stevasaurus

Boovuc beat me to it.  The Cubs are already not playing in Arizona. :)  It appears that lowly Cubs fans are doomed again.  GO SOX :baseball:   BTW...we are looking at some thawing here for the next few days.  :(

kaiser

we had a slight sign of spring, i started and ran my wheelhorse! snow removal is my farmall's job so the stallion has been sitting. i started all my small engines last weekend just to keep'em fresh.

cold as heck here now.

• Like 1

6wheeler

I have heard of this "SPRING" thing. I even think I saw a picture of it once. NO signs of it here. Been so long since the chickens have seen the outside, they probably think they are on death row. Wind blowing hard here again and the @#$!%^n snow is blowing back over the driveway (just plowed it yesterday). Got ANOTHER fill of propane again (gonna need another mortgage). Snow banks along the road are 10'feet high REALLY. I am seriously running out of places to pile the snow. I wonder how hard it will be to grow a garden in the snow? Snow peas? Iceberg lettuce? Hmmmm, Maybe. Enough whining. Spring should be here by August.

• Like 1

boovuc

Holy Crap 6Wheeler. I'm happy with what I have around here after reading your post!

Just keep that stuff up there in the great white north! :)

TT..............Yup! You can plow, blow and unload the snow that is left but you better have cleats for what is left under it!

SousaKerry

Hey we hit 45° yesterday.... Tonight 4-6" more of that pretty white stuff

rexman72

big storm coming our way tomorrow night 

spark949

Three days ago I saw a robin on the side of the road. Sadly it was dead. I think it froze to death. He should have waited til today, it's almost 60 here .

stevasaurus

Here is a sure sign of spring for you all.  It has snowed every 3 days here all season...we are up to every 4 days now.  :)

HorseFixer

I gotta say, Ive had just about enuff!    :eusa-think:

• Like 1

TT

TT..............Yup! You can plow, blow and unload the snow that is left but you better have cleats for what is left under it!

62º in unHappy Valley & 6 or 8 gophers golfer were out today. They don't need cleats, but muck boots wouldn't be a bad idea.  :eusa-whistle:

stevasaurus

TT...golfing already???  I am chomping at the bit to get out, but I hate to take the chance to dust off my clubs...I was just thinking about it and we are getting another 8" of snow.  I do have a set of snow shoes that are made for golfing.  :ychain::)

stevasaurus

Finally...I had to get out there and move the snow before it melted...Spring is in the air.  I went down by the river today and saw a few diving ducks that are migratory.  White ducks with a patch of black down their back...a touch of red on the top part of their wings.  The females looked kind of like Canvas Backs...but they were not.  It was great seeing the different kinds of ducks that use the Fox river as a highway.  :)