Sign in to follow this  
Nick

V-blade first test

Nick

We didnt get the snow they called for but the V plow had its first test. The blade works nice in a v forward to clean an area but with the V back, to cut through deeper snow, rust is keeping the snow from sliding off as good as it should. Thje wet snow didnt help much either. For a first real test I think it did a good job. Now need weights and to get the tractor up to full speed. Maybe we will get a nice deep snow for the next test.

Nick

vsnow002.jpg

Also shot some poor video, no help around, of the test run. I based the v-blade on my brothers boss truck blade but the other link is for a ventrac video that shows the electric hydraulic run v-blade they build.

My video of V-blade test

Ventrac V-blade video

nylyon

Looks great to me!

Rollerman

That pretty cool Nick!

How did you work out the angle, V forward & V backward positions?

Sorry if I missed that in the other thread.

T-Mo

I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I have my high speed connection to view the video. But, I'm sure I'll agree with Karl and Stephen. From the picture it looks very nice.

T-Mo

Just saw the videos. Your v-blade was doing a great job. Great job.

Nick

Stephen,

Saved time, weight plus cash and used 3 pins at the bottom of each plow wing for the angle adjustment. Just drop an arm on each side and pin them in place. Use it V forward most of the time. I think you can see the arm that holds the wing in this picture. The V back position might throw the snow better when I get the tractor speed up. The "Smart steer" system is rusted and holding me back to maybe 3 mph.

Nick

vplow011.jpg