Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Sparky new deck yet?

nylyon

Sparky, were you able to get the 42" rear discharge deck you were lookin at?

Sparky

Yep, she's sittin in my shed right now. I am trying to get my camper all set for a 4 day trip that starts Thursday so I havent had a chance to git it all hooked up on a tractor yet. I'm hoping the spindles are nice and quiet. They seem to move smoothly and dont have any slop so I think I'll be allright.

I planned on putting it on my B-100 for a test but then that Nor-Easter came thru and I wasnt sure if I would need to get the B out for plowin so the test never happened.

Heres more good news! Got me another tractor( the wife knows about it). Its a 1983 C-85 with an 8hp Kohler and the 8 speed tranny. She starts easy and runs great so its gonna be my sons new ride fer mowin and plowin. It has the sealed beam headlights so he can plow all night while I sit inside sippin on a hot chocolate. This is the tractor I will have at the Wheel Horse show for him to ride around on.

So is your camper ready for action? I saw it in the background of one of your tractor pics...looks like a nice one. I have a 2005 27' Dutchman Bunkhouse. I still have the RV antifreeze in it since it really hasnt warmed up yet but tomorrow its getting flushed out.

Mike

nylyon

Congrats on the new deck and the tractor, were they a package? Our camping season will start May 18 when we go to Jellystone Park for 3 day weekend. We have a 2005 32' Crossroads Zinger quad bunk. I put the battery in last week and plugged it in, put the slide out and checked out the inside for any winter damage. Still have the pink stuff in there too. I have to clean it up real good, it isn't covered and we have tons of black streaks. Speaking of which, I found the BEST black streak cleaner. It is called Awsome and it's from the Dollar Tree store. Costs a buck and it is the best cleaner I have ever used. So where do ya usually go campin?

Sparky

Nope, they were not a package deal. I'm not so sure an 8hp is up to the task of spinnin a 42" deck. I have a 36" rear that my son will use.

As far as camping goes we usually get about 5 or 6 long weekends at local places in Connecticut that are less than an hour drive. We like Nelsons Campground in East Hampton and also have reservations at Odetah Campground in Bozrah. Then we plan one long trip(9 days) each summer and go north. The last 3 years we went to Kampersville on Lake Dunmore in Vermont www.kampersville.com and it was great. This year we are going to Lake Pemaquid in Maine. We try to get on a big lake for these trips and I have my wife tow the boat and I get a slip for an extra $10/day for the week. Not lookin forward to the gas bill for this trip! After I gas up my GMC, the wifes van, and fill the boat I might as well toss my wallet in the nearest trash can cause she's hurtin. Here in Ct it just hit $3.00 for 87 octane and I like to run super when I have a long tow ahead.

I also tow a trailer to the Wheel Horse show but my neighbor rides with me and we split gas so its not quite as painful. So are ya going to make the show this year? Plenty of tractors for sale and the best deals can be made near the end of the show on Saturday afternoon. My first year I bought a tractor for $35 on Saturday afternoon that had been $125 all day Friday and most of Saturday morning.

Mike

nylyon

We have our long trip this year in Lake George www.lakegeorgervpark.com it is a little on the pricey side, but they have live entertainment, indoor swimming pool (for when it rains) and it is super clean. Not 100% sure if I'm going to the show this year or not. Going to try to make it, but we'll have to see as it gets closer. Have a good trip!

whchris

hey mike my sister said shed take $125 for her deck the thing is nice and quiet i used it a few times the c-125 dosent like to get dirty or run for that matter (needs a rebuild on the carb) i bet if you offer her 600 for the whole tractor deck and a plow i got for it she would say yes its got all new wires new points condenser plug good tires good seat eight speed runs nice when it does run

Sparky

Chris,

Can ya send me some pics of the tractor and the attachments? And where is it? Not sure where your livin fer that matter..hehe.

Mike

By the way..I will be on a business trip this week in Norfolk Va. so dont panic if I dont answer ya right away...

whchris

mike ill get you some pictures to your email say hi to my sister while your in norfolk that wher my oldest sis lives :D the wheel hors is here in ashford i lied about the price she has 675 into it but take a look and make an offer (you can look in person first)

Sparky

Hey Chris, I'm back. Didnt see see your sister(didnt try to hard) in Norfolk. I was workin long days on the Naval Base and only got out at night for a meal. Ever have a full rack of Baby Back ribs from Smokey Bones Restaurant.........MAN WERE THEY GOOD!!!

Anyway, get the pics to me when ya can and we'll go from there.

Mike(runnin outa room for more tractors...)

Sparky

Forgot to mention that near the Smokey Bones restaurant was a Northern Tool Store. Sooooo.. :D ..of couse I had to go in there. Dropped a $100 bucks and had to split my stuff up evenly into the luggage of the guys I was travelin with to keep my luggage under 50#s. If yer bag goes over 50#s you have to pay $25 bucks to get it on the plane.

Mike

nylyon

Hey, I just got back from my southern trip last night myself. I ended up in Marietta GA for a couple of days. Didn't see any little red tractors or tool stores. All the better, don't think I wanted to mess with the TSA at Atlanta Airport anyway!

Sparky

Was it business or pleasure?

Mike

nylyon

It was business, don't usually need to travel too much for work anymore, just 4 or 5 small trips a year.

whchris

my dad lives 5 minutes away from the northen store in north carolina i spent a little too much there but it was cool the olny places ive been in va is hooters and chic-a-flic but next time im down there ill see if i can find it

Sparky

Well it is a small world aint it! After I finished a huge shopping spree in the Home Depot in Norfolk I had lunch at the Chic-Fil-A. Didnt eat at Hooters.....just stared thru the window :D !

Mike