PMaine

Seat Replacement

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I bought mine from the Surplus center. I have a 416-8. What was hard to find was a seat with my odd size bolt pattern. I think it was 8 x 7 1/2 inches. Glenn

post-12073-0-04030800-1393393897_thumb.j

• Like 2

squonk

I got 2 of the first pic and they work very well. The 2nd pic I have 1 of and it's the best most comfortable tractor seat I ever used. It's endorsed by Fitz M'Tush and Mike Kiester! :)

post-2380-0-93955200-1393410402.jpg

post-2380-0-59766000-1393410420.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

Hodge71

P maine. I installed the seat your looking at on my 1996 416H and from my experience its base is too thick/high. It caused my legs to hit the steering wheel and honestly made it almost uncomfortable to drive on any type of grade. I stopped using the mower after that and gave the deck to my dad and put a 42" Rd on my 1974 C-160 8speed

Edited by hodge71

Tankman

I've used quite a few seats, high back, from Tractor Supply Co. $69 each but often on sale for $59l. They are on the shelf.

Numerous threaded inserts for mounting in the steel pan. One set works to mount the seat on your Stallion. The "skin" is rubber and can be pealed off easily, put back on just as easy, waterproof, comfy enough.

post-8021-0-34450800-1393454261.jpg

• Like 1

Hodge71

I've used quite a few seats, high back, from Tractor Supply Co. $69 each but often on sale for $59l. They are on the shelf.

Numerous threaded inserts for mounting in the steel pan. One set works to mount the seat on your Stallion. The "skin" is rubber and can be pealed off easily, put back on just as easy, waterproof, comfy enough.

attachicon.gif520-8_Done2.jpg

I like the looks of that seat Tankman!!!

PMaine

Thanks guys, I checked Tractor Supply on my way home but they didn't have that seat or one that was suitable. I think I may end up just ordering the Michigan seat replacement that is a copy of the OEM wheel horse model: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_7687_7687

squonk

I tried one of those once. Maybe not the same maker but I could feel the mounting bolts through the padding. They look great though.

Granted this seat isn't stylish, But it is comfy and it's adjustable

post-2380-0-84615700-1393495400_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-24007900-1393495544_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk

bitten

I got a nice seat at Lowes a few years ago. Dont know if they still sell them but it might be an option.

papaglide

I have the "Sqonk number 2 seat" with the arm rests and it is BY FAR the most comfortable seat that I have EVER had the pleasure to rest my sorry azz on. If you get that seat I can guarantee you that you won't be disappointed.

Scrapman

I have a 1976 C-120 automatic that still runs beautifully. My seat is shot so I want to replace. Since it has a safety interlock which I'd like to keep, what are my seat option? Are any universal replacement seats available with the interlock?

KyBlue

I need a new seat for my 416H. Has anyone installed one of these?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315471_200315471

11987_400x400.jpg

This is a "high back" and about twice as tall as the original wheel horse seat.

That's the seat I have on my B80 ... It's better than 5 years old and still holding up great ... except for the hole that I poked in it (Had a wrench in my back pocket when I plopped down) ... it bolts right up!

chorusguy

I got 2 of the first pic and they work very well. The 2nd pic I have 1 of and it's the best most comfortable tractor seat I ever used. It's endorsed by Fitz M'Tush and Mike Kiester! :)

post-2380-0-93955200-1393410402.jpg

post-2380-0-59766000-1393410420.jpg

chorusguy

Where did seat number 2 come from?

Seth Powers
On 2/26/2014 at 12:54 AM, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I bought mine from the Surplus center. I have a 416-8. What was hard to find was a seat with my odd size bolt pattern. I think it was 8 x 7 1/2 inches. Glenn

post-12073-0-04030800-1393393897_thumb.j

Glenn, do you remember which seat it was? I need a new seat for my 417-8 and it has the same 7 1/2 by 8 pattern. 

Seth

tom2p

Do any of the seats listed or pictured above accept the factory seat safety switch that inserts into a hole / cavity in the underside of the seat ?

pfrederi

The OP is 6 years old I would imagine seat model numbers have changed.  Out of curiosity what model Horse needs eh seat switch cavity.. all mine use the seat mounting plate to activate the switch??

seat.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

Edited by pfrederi

JCM

This 520 H was a 1993  model # 73501 and used a # 38-1420 seat switch that inserts into the foam seat cushion. That switch is NLA from Toro.

img20200728_10541231.jpg

pfrederi
5 minutes ago, JCM said:

This 520 H was a 1993  model # 73501 and used a # 38-1420 seat switch that inserts into the foam seat cushion. That switch is NLA from Toro.

OK  Way to new for me:P 

1987 is my newest

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

tom2p

both my early 90's 416-Hs have adjustable seat (fore-aft) and the seat switch inside the underside of the seat cushion 

my early 90's 312-8 seat is non-adjustable - and has the seat switch on the seat plate 

I believe the bolt pattern / spacing is different on the 416 and 312 seats

Lincoln / A to Z tractors had new aftermarket seats at the big show a couple of years ago - good looking seat and good price (and price marked down for the show) - but just had seats with the bolt pattern to fit my 312 and not the 416

Edited by tom2p

roy

My 87- 418-A needs a new seat too, I like JCM had a screwdriver in pocket, du!!

I found a comfy seat at Princess Auto, but had to use a mocked up seat plate to mount it, so no safety switch now.

Can not find a stock seat anywhere here(Ont.Canada) will chase some of these contacts for seats.

Roy

tom2p

appears there is a fair amount of demand for replacement seats 

a replacement seat cover (and foam) that would be a direct replacement for the OEM seat cover would be great 

D_Mac

Put one on a 416-8 I had. Loved it.

20210314_232454.jpg

• Excellent 1