PMaine

Best mower deck for 416H

PMaine

What is the best mower deck for a 416h? Do I want a side discharge or I rear? Which one works best for this tractor?

Desko

Rear discharge would benefit the tractor if it has the onan so it doesn't get grass in the fins and pop a seat. The side discharge like to blow grass from the front of the deck and clog screens. Hope this help and lets see some pictures of the wild horse :)

smoreau

go with side discharge, Hydro's do not like all that grass build up. if it was a 8 speed then a rear is ok. 48" or 42"

Edited by smoreau

can whlvr

for me if I can only have one deck it will be a side,you can blow the grass and leaves in windrows of right off the lawn,especially in the fall,rears are nice around flower beds,but I just try to blow the other way and I don't mind some grass and leaves in the garden anyway,she will handle a 48 no problem

rexman72

side deck is what I would do

daveoman1966

Personally, the side discharge deck works better for launching unseen objects.  They are also better for blasting holes in vinyl siding, with even the smallest of those objects.  Rear discharge decks, on the other hand, don't score nearly as high in this feature.  Still, as a counter-point, the rear disch decks leave most of the object exactly where it was found, or just a few feet away.   

• Like 2

dennist

Are you asking regarding the engine, hydro, or lawn?

c-series don

My 416 h came with 6" front wheels which enables me to run a 60" deck. It will turn about 95% before the wheels hit the deck. Now don't get me wrong it probably would not like tall grass but I mow almost weekly and have no problem. That Onan runs the

60" deck the same as the 48", but again I am not taking off a lot at once.

608KEB

:techie-eureka: SD for open areas. RD for landacaped areas where a member of your family may complain about using a SD instead of a RD. I got into the Wheel Horses because they where the only mower decks I knew of that had RD decks.

Don1977

Get a 48" SD they have a reinforce top where the spindles attach it's a lot stronger deck then the 42".

leeave96

Get a 48" SD they have a reinforce top where the spindles attach it's a lot stronger deck then the 42".

I would agree and your engine should have no problem powering it.

PMaine

Thanks everyone for the input

Hydro

I had a 416H.  No problem with power for the 48SD but they will clog the air intake for the engine so watch it carefully.  Especially bad with any dried grass left from the cut before.

RMCIII

What is the best mower deck for a 416h? Do I want a side discharge or I rear? Which one works best for this tractor?

I'd say any deck that is a working deck is a good deck! :laughing-rofl:

PMaine

Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds like both the side and rear discharge have issues- either affect the hydro or the motor with grass.