thehorse

Slightly (milky) oil in 314

thehorse

Decided to check oil in the horse. Pulled the dipstick and I noticed right away it must have drawn some moisture during the many hrs. Blowing snow this winter. A little milky and maybe frothy up ne'er top of dipstick. I immediately changed the oil but still noticed a little even after that. Do you think I'm good to run it until spring when things dry up a little and can do yet another change. I did not have a filter on hand so I just changed the oil.

Thanks

Len

Jparkes43

Decided to check oil in the horse. Pulled the dipstick and I noticed right away it must have drawn some moisture during the many hrs. Blowing snow this winter. A little milky and maybe frothy up ne'er top of dipstick. I immediately changed the oil but still noticed a little even after that. Do you think I'm good to run it until spring when things dry up a little and can do yet another change. I did not have a filter on hand so I just changed the oil.

Thanks

Len

I have experienced this (even when not running in the cold, in the warm it still does a little) and it seems just to be a bit on condensation in the cylinder block, probably from a bit of water getting in either from the dipstick or a bit of moisture in there, as long as you change it and keep an eye on your engine with a good oil filter you should have no issues.

Hope this helped

James

Edited by Jparkes43

WH nut

Just change the filter when you get a chance.

Maybe a blown head gasket and seeping antifreeze :ychain:

• Like 2

thehorse

That's ok...I was planning on transplanting a new 302 in the spring...going to have to cut a little sheet metal away though to make room for the headers!

• Like 2

Jparkes43

Just change the filter when you get a chance.

Maybe a blown head gasket and seeping antifreeze :ychain:

Oh yes I completely forgot about gaskets that could be letting water in, isn't it air cooled so there shouldn't be any antifreeze to worry about

James

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Len. New oil till spring. Why not imho. Spring is only 4 weeks away. If another snow storm or 2 comes along. But change it again for spring and summer chores. Plus filter.

Glenn

Hodge71

I have experienced this on both my Charger 12 and especially the 18 Auto. I can tell you that once I worked both of them really hard during the last storm, the water is gone. Not even a trace of it. These Kohlers run very cool. They move so much air over them I can rest my bare hand on it while its running and not burn it. As long as the oil isn't physically white I would say you're fine. Run it butt off and work it hard….the water will evaporate. My oil looks like honey again after the last storm, no more milky streaks 

thehorse

Ok....that's what I was thinking!

k+s 1277

make sure you don't smell gas in oil.