Hammerhead

Mount Gilead Ohio Farm Auction Today!!

Hammerhead

I went to the bi-annual Mount Gilead Ohio Farm Auction today at a moments notice. I got a call yesterday about the auction and found out it was today!! So no prep time on this auction. Didn't even have time to empty out my van! I figured it would be cold and windy and muddy as all get out. It was all of the above! They had several Wheel Horse's, Cubs, Sears and even a old Bush Hog tractor that was pretty old and cool. I had my eye on a couple WH's and most of them went for cheap! One was a 1970's C120-8 Speed, it went for a very good price of $175.00 with deck and all original paint, a very nice machine. There was a 1968 Lawn Ranger in good original condition with mower deck, it went for a mere $110.00! I didn't see the price of the 312-8 Speed w/snow blade or the Bush Hog. I bid on a descent 1056 with a Briggs motor instead of the 10 hp Kohler and a rare 1962 WH snow blade was on it. It got over my budget of $120, by one bid so it went for $125.00! The best tractor of the bunch was a very nice running 1972ish Charger 12 Automatic with a nice mowing deck. The seller was there running the machine most of the day. I talked to him and he got it 2 years ago with a house he bought. He mowed with it for 2 years and got a new mower because he didn't like the large turning radius of the WH. It was the very last tractor in the auction(ain't it always like that?!!) The auctioneer started off low and at about $50.00 I had to ask him what tractor they were auctioning right now? He stopped the entire auction and said to me, THE WHEEL HORSE!! Everybody looked at me like I was stupid but nobody was bidding on it. It got a few more slow bids and I bid on it at $100.00. There was 2 other bidders and everybody else was talking and carrying on and they didn't realize the nice WH that was up for bids! So I got it for $175.00 when the gavel fell! The seller didn't even know they were selling his machine and not many people knew that it was over until they saw me shut the tractor off.  A few guys asked me what I just bought and I said with pride, that nice WH right here! They couldn't believe they missed out on it, since they had been waiting on it all day long! So I got lucky on it and was prepared to bid up to $250.00. The seat was in mint condition until the seller parked it in his garage a day before the auction and his Boxer dog chewed it to pieces! He said the dog got a good thumping after that! KJ

003_zpsbc1ac740.jpg001_zpsa40dabc6.jpg006_zps1503c9e4.jpg011_zps6d3ae114.jpg005_zps10b5c09b.jpg022_zpsaf5501ea.jpg021_zpsdd5f8be3.jpg

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 2

can whlvr

nice score,i would have owned them all for those prices

• Like 1

jimmycrackcorn

What are you using to post? A mobile app, mobile phone or a pc?

Hammerhead

Photobucket site. I have done it that way for years but sometimes it doesn't work for unknown reasons. ???

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Congratulations on another great  :wh: score. 

JimD

Photobucket site. I have done it that way for years but sometimes it doesn't work for unknown reasons. ???

Leave a space or two between your text and the PB link, or hit enter a couple times and put the link below your text.  Also be sure you are using the IMG link and not one of the others.

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

Hammerhead

I figured it out, so now you can view the pics. Thanks JimD for the IMG hint! Thanks for looking and your comments are welcome....Keith

027_zpsab119abb.jpg024_zpsa980cff1.jpg033_zpse3ec9cfb.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Love the gull wing doors.  :) 

Hammerhead

Opened up

Love the gull wing doors.  :) 

All opened up for business Sir!  :popcorn:

Jake Kuhn

Nice score keith....looks like everything went for good prices. 

jimmycrackcorn

Auctions are great, especially when you get a good deal like you did! That's a sweet score. Thanks for the pics.

About the pic posting, i don't know if you have access to androud or iOS but the "tapatalk app" is a forum app & it takes all compilations out of posting, really easy to manipulate. Just thought I'd put it out there.

SousaKerry

My Dad and I drove a combine home from that auction one Sunday morning all the way to Tiffin.  Wonder if my Dad was there :eusa-think: