Sign in to follow this  
proshop

A B-100 Automatic 75

proshop

I took the tractor to the toro dealer to check and see why the engine bogs bown when it's warmed up.

I thought it was the pump, but they found no problems.

I have been running it around this afternoon and it started bogging the engine down again.

When it starts to do it I bring it in and set the hydro lever to the idel position and give it some gas and it's like it is under a load( like it's trying to pull sometiing heavy.

If you idel it down and operate the foward and reverse lever it's OK. But when you idel it up something is making the engine load up (bog down), and you cant hardley go any where. Its starts to only do it when its warm and at full RPM, then continues till it can cool down.

Can anyone help diagnose this with the discription. :banghead:

Thanks,

Tim

Teddy da Bear

I cannot believe the Toro people let it go home and say..."nothing wrong with it" when it will not run properly for you.

Bad service guys.

Gee....sounds a lot like what just happened to my Raider. Was there anything else that happened when this first started? Smoke and then no umph???

Guys think my Raider might have a leak in the head gasket.

Maybe you can check yours? I do not know of a method of "checking"

it. Perhaps feeling for excessive air with your hand?

Help me out guys....don't know if my trolley has jumped the track. :banghead:

kpinnc

Sounds like the carb needs a good cleaning/ overhaul.

Kevin

proshop

The engine has been recently overhauled, nothing wrong with it . It has to bee the hyd pump. I think there must be some crud in there that when you give it full throttel that piece gets in one of the internal valves or something and prevents the oil from flowing causing the pump and transaxel to heat up permaturaly and engine to bog down, I have never taken one apart and looking at the exploded view of the pump i'm not sure I want to get into all of that,gust a starting point would be nice, :banghead:

kpinnc

A simple way to confirm if it is in fact the pump would be to disengage the drive belt. Just pull up on the lever on the right hand side of the center console, which disengages the belt and sets the park brake. If you verify the belt isn't still moving, and the engine continues to bog down, then the tranny isn't causing your problem.

If the belt continues to turn with the lever up, DO NOT move the motion control lever out of the neutral position until you push the engagement lever back down. If you move it with the park brake set, you WILL have tranny problems then...

Kevin

linen beige

I do not know of a method of "checking"

it. Perhaps feeling for excessive air with your hand?

Help me out guys....don't know if my trolley has jumped the track. :USA:

Not to be :banghead: , but run a compression check, including leak down.

proshop

I have the carb off and in solution to clean.

kpinnc thanks for help, i was convinced it had to be the hydro but it does seem to be something in the engine or carb. I my need to move the conversation to another forum sence we seem to be talking motors now. :(:banghead::USA::omg::thumbs::lol::lol::D:D:D

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Tim