Ed Kennell

How Do you Raise a Horse ?

Ed Kennell

After spending two days shoveling the 10 -20" of snow and ice off the roof,  I am open to ideas on ways to get one of the Horses up here to help.

post-7208-0-30109600-1392932561.jpg

Glad I got it off before the warm rain tomorrow.

Each one of these 12x12x10 blocks weigh ~25lb.,

and some places it was over 20"deep.

stevasaurus

Ed...great picture.  What is the pitch on that roof???  If that is a 3, you do not have time to type on Red Square.  Get that snow off of there fast.  :)

• Like 1

squonk

Get one of those little snowblowers and leave it on the roof. Then get to it before it turns to elementary school white paste,

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

All done Steve, That flat section is 16 x 45' with only 1' drop.  After removing all that weight, The supports I had under it all fell over. (see my REDNECK ROOF SUPPORT thread)

Using my redneck engineering, I'm estimating there was ~ 15 Ton on that roof.  I'll sleep better tonight.

Digger 66

Ha Ha , just looked at the title .

Don't know how to raise a Horse , but I do know how to raise a Renegade  :hide:

Hangin_zps060cbba9.png

• Like 3

AMC RULES

On discipline and routine of course. :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Get one of those little snowblowers and leave it on the roof. Then get to it before it turns to elementary school white paste,

I was thinking along the lines of picking a surplus Chinook up at the auction, and using it to raise the C-160 dually.  Then again, I will have to reinforce the roof to take the downdraft. :eusa-think:

stevasaurus

Ed...glad you got all that snow off your roof.  WOW..16' with a 1' drop and it's shingled...you have some work to do in the spring.  There are times that I just hate water.  :eusa-think:  Maybe a corrugated metal roof is in your future.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat: Might work....I wasn't thinkin  of leaving  the C-160 suspended from the Chinook, But that way I wouldn't need the tire chains  .... less damage to  the roof ... maybe  ?  :confusion-helpsos:  :ROTF:

Edited by ekennell