eddiebunyan

!8 auto push blade

eddiebunyan

Wondering if anyone else has this problem? My blade ppos out of the rear hitch.The arms that hold the round stock pop up under heavy use(I live in Maine and have a 300 foot driveway and ample snow!) On the c-series that I have there is a hole that I can put a 1/4" bolt threw to keep the arm from moving,but on my D there is no hole and no where to drill one?I wire the arms on and that works for the most part but it sure is a pain when I'm down my neighbors 700 foot driveway and it pops off! I tried turning the arms around so the knurled part is to the back which helped but still they pop out. Perhaps someone has a picture of there's?Maybe I don't have the right arms?

smoreau

I have one set that was factory drilled, but I have 3 others that were not. So I drilled them and installed hair clips.

ol550

Try tightening the bolts that hold the latches.

daveoman1966

Take the bracket off of the tractor and drill a 1/4" hole thru the locking lever(s) and the bracket, WITH THE LEVER CLOSED onto a 3/4" bar or bolt.   

This pic shows the locking lever with 1/4" hole drilled.  Then use a 1/4" clevis pin with a hair pin in it to keep the lever from releasing.

• Like 1

1maidenfan

I was having the exact problem with my D160, the holes were drilled in there and I installed cotter pins but the preasure of pushing the snow around forced the arms past the cotter pins and the bar kept falling off. So after many times on my back, in the snow, trying to get blade hooked back up I finally decided to try some thing else. i took a 2" or 21/4" muffler clamp and wedged it between the frame and the swing arm of the bracket, tightened it down and now no more problems.

Kelly

Use Clevis pins in the holes not cotter pins, they work well. 

eddiebunyan

First of all thanks for all the advice.Unfortunatly the holes in the locking levers(factory drilled) when closed line up with the angle of the angle bar? If the were 3/8 ths of an inch forward, I could drill them and that would work! Did wheel horse make different sets of these, or were they a typical piece? Either these were drilled wrong or perhaps I have the wrong ones. At first the arms for the levers pointed forward and everytime I bottomed out it would unlock the levers.I flipped them around, wired them up and they worked better, but would still pop oiff when I got into deep snow and yes it ir quite a job to get them back on when your on your back in the snow or mud with no tools handy!

Kelly

post a pic of your mount. it might help

Hodge71

I had the same issue with my 18 auto. I have a 1/2 mile stone drive. I found that the bolts weren't tight enough. I tightened them and never had a problem since then. I ended up having to do the same thing with my sons Charger 12. Neither of them do it any longer. Its worth a shot and then take it off in the spring and drill and put clevis pins in

• Like 1

eddiebunyan

Thanks,I'll tighten the bolts and leave the wire on also. Maybe we won't get any more snow???.

Tankman

Tighten the bolts, problem solved.

I don't use clevis pins or hair pin cotter pins but, would use clevis pins if needed.