Sign in to follow this  
horse junkie

Snow Blower turning backwards

horse junkie

I just picked up and older 32" snow blower ( have no idea what the model # is ) but from pictures I've looked at it's a 6-2211. I mounted it on my 1277 everything is working and hooked up fine. Only problem it's pushing the snow instead of pulling it in any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

ol550

Is your chain routed like this?

post-244-0-34518900-1392775994.jpg

squonk

If the chain is right , belt is on wrong

horse junkie

post-974-0-68405700-1392823425_thumb.jpgpost-974-0-93309200-1392823524_thumb.jpgpost-974-0-04572600-1392823633_thumb.jpg

There is no top sprocket for chain only has 3 sprockets tried

horse junkie

pics attached

wallfish

Has got to be the way the chain is routed. That is what reverses the direction of rotation from the engine. Is there a hole for mounting the top sprocket? Seems like you need an idler sprocket and probably a longer piece of chain. A pic of the chain and sprockets could confirm this.

Kelly

Well for one that blower is not for that tractor, it's for a earlier one, with out a engine mounted PTO, but still should turn the right way, and that blower does not use the top idler sprocket, you also have the belt on wrong you have the back of the belt running on a V pulley, and the V part on the flat pulley, but still should be turning the right way, lets see a pic of the chain.

gwest_ca

This may better show how the idlers were intended to work.

Garry

horse junkie

I now know the blower is for an earlier style tractor, when I purchased it the gentleman told me it came with his C-121. This is what you get when you purchase something 40 yrs. old from a guy who sold a Wheel Horse and bought a Tractor Supply Cub Cadet. The chain on this blower simply runs around the outside of three sprockets, I tried to upload a picture of the chain but said was to big to upload. I believe the problem is that it is for a non pto style tractor. From lokking at the manual for 6-2211 there is actually a lever missing that goes through the hole next to the rod for the chute, pretty sure the missing rod was used to engage the blower originally.

smoreau

Yup its on wrong, You need another sprocket and a longer chain.

jaydeer

Looks like you have a few ideas to work with. It is totally different from mine. I was going to get a pic tonight but it will not help.

horse junkie

O.K. so the blower is not for this tractor, but does anybody know how it works when on the proper tractor. It doesn't make sense to add another sprocket and longer chain if it worked the way it is when new. If you look at the manual it only shows three sprockets and there is not one at the top.

ol550

For the chain to work with the 3 sprocket setup.  The chain needs to come off the top of the drive sprocket

then under the auger sprocket then over the idler/tensioner sprocket and back to the drive sprocket.  The

additional upper idler allows for more chain contact with the auger sprocket.  Would bet your chain is routed

over the auger sprocket instead of under it. :confusion-confused:

Kelly

Here is the early chain set up, sounds like yours is routed wrong, you can add the upper idler, you get better chain contact with the big gear, but it will work as I have pictured, this is of my early blower I use on my round hood.

And yes there is a rod missing that runs the blower mounted  PTO but not needed as you have the engine PTO

Set you chain up like this and you should be all set.

post-85-0-03327200-1392906155_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

horse junkie

O.K. Thanks to everybody for your responses, and Kelly thanks for the final picture I was just trying to figure how the chain would run, your picture is exactly what I thought but it seems like the chain would fall of the auger sprocket. I will figure it out maybe I'll add the fourth sprocket as Kelly said would make better contact with the auger sprocket. Once again thanks to everybody for their help.

Kelly

if the chain is tight it works fine, I have used this one for a few years. 

If you add the upper idler you will need to mod the chain guard but you will see that.