Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Snow-Blower woes

Sparky

Was it a great day for snow-blowin?? NOT here!! First the chute cable lets go from the attachment lug. I scrape the snow away in the cold with my bare hands and try to get it back in the lug and tighten it down only to have it pop out again. Next it goes inside with some heat(150,000 BTU salamander heater) blowin on it and my frozen fingers and I was able to get it fixed right. Now its back to blowin and it seems the blower stops spinnin if it gets a good pile of snow goin into it. I watch the PTO and see it stops spinnin and the clutch is still spinnin. Take a closer look and its time for a new clutch as this one is wafer thin and glazed over and down into the rivits. I have one in stock so back to the heater I go to do a comlete clutch swap. With that done I get back to the task of snow-blowin. I hit some deep snow and it just loves it and is chuckin it just like it should! I get about 75' of snow chucked when the #@*!% belt snaps clean in two :D !

Oh well.....I'll be at the Toro/Wheel Horse dealer near work tomorrow for a new belt and hopefully that should be the end of my blower troubles.

Mike.........just venting...

nylyon

Ain't that always the case! How much snow did you git? The blower wouldn't touch the snow we got here, it just rode over the top of the crust, the plow cut right through it, changed it to powder then the blower shot it half way across town!

Sparky

Well we got about 11" Thursday and 4" more today. I had the driveway cleared but needed a path for the oil delivery guy to get to the side of the house. I also needed one of my trailers out of the backyard for a X-Mas present that I need to pick up next week. Thats where the blower was gonne be the hero :P . But hey, workin on em is half the fun right.

Mike.......

PS.. Can I have my blower belt back Karl :D

Rollerman

Sorry to hear about your snow blower gremlins today Mike.

I mounted mine up on the C160-8 speed last night...but was haveing a hard time at it today without chains on the back tires. :D

Curmudgeon

Well shoot, after another 6-8" of white crap, I had to get the snowblower going too.

Then the gremlins set in. Seems after 40 years of dutiful service, my snowthrower has a hole centered behind the auger. That little bit of gravel now and then does add up after enough time. So most of the snow blew up and away, some back at the front of the tractor.

The wife has shoveled some of the snow from directly in front of the door from the first few snows. Well, I cleaned that up, hate those piles. Only there is a big rock there, which I know, but of course couldn't see. End of the story is, I had to reattach the left wheel and mount to the center bar.

I hate winter.

I equated blowing snow today with last night/this morning. Last night was fun, but was the hangover worth it? Well, yeah, but the seat time today wasn't worth it.

Dale

nylyon

Mike, the belt on my blower is super strong, you done gave me a good one, and after putting the belt pulley back on once it fell off, darn set screws, there was no slipping. I even ran it into the stuff the plow truck pushes back into the nice clean driveway full force. This was the very first time I actually heard the Onan go down in RPM for a second or to, it's never done that before. Of course snow was shooting across the street. :D

Karl still loving snow seat time in NY!