Gene_S

Mentone Indiana Swap Meet

squonk

I am about 75% sure I will be there with a p/u truck load of stuff to sell as well as some automatic Foot pedal conversions (WH part 8-3900), snow blower, snow plow, lots of deck blades, couple of old metal seat pans, chrome hub caps and who knows what else by then. Looking forward to it again!!!

Any 8" WH caps?

It's a good 3 1/2 hours for me and well worth the trip if you are selling, buying, hungry or just want to start the year off by getting out of the house and meeting quite a few members.  It is an excellent day to start the show season.  :)

BTW...I am looking for a "T" throttle cable.  I want to put one on my 857...I am tired of trying to use the Lock type that never works.

Don't forget to get a "DOG & BUN" before they run out! :)

I don't know Scott...I was thinking I could make it work.  I really need to look at it and throw it out there.  I am just tired of holding out the throttle and plowing snow and turning the blade and lifting the blade and shifting all at the same time.  I need a better way of doing this.  :)  I end up just idling around and that can't be good for the 8 hsp Kohler.

It's those short "Dino Arms'"  :)

• Like 1

"D"- Man

It's just over 2 hours for me. I may be bringing some new pairs of 18 Automatic, D-160, D-180 and D-200 fender reflectors. Possibly some three point hitch klik pin chain assemblies for the same models and some for the C-195's. Would consider bringing an almost complete 18 Auto "D" series P.T.O shaft with pulley (if there is genuine interest) also have a electric clutch 1-1/8" for GT-14.

1.) Reflectors=$20.00pr.
2.) 18 Auto "D" series 3 point klik pin chain assemblies (Pr)=$12.00
     C-195 Klik pin...=$14.00
3.) P.T.O. shaft=$Make offer
4.) GT-14 Clutch=$Make offer

5.) 953/1054(A) Oil Bath Air Cleaner Decal = $ 9.50 {Only 2 left}

Edited by TWIN54
  • Like 1

Gene_S

Ok here is what I believe will be on the trailers........

I will not throw out any prices as I need to go through some of the stuff first.

Tractors:

GT 2500

B-111

Possibly a Work Horse

This list of tractors may grow within the next month

Motors:

12 h.p. Kohler

6 h.p. Kohler

Maybe a couple more and/or parts for more

Snowblowers:

Various blowers in all different conditions

Mower decks:

Many different conditions

Hoping to have a few real good ones (42") that are ready to mow

Snow plows:

No long frames available but may have some springs, quadrants, angle levers, and some blades if I have room and there is interest.

Currently working on some other deals and will update the list accordingly.

Pictures will start to trickle in within the next couple of weeks.

I believe my landscape trailer will be a "name your price" sale. I don't want any of it to come home......that means empty!!!

I am willing to deal, so bring cash and let's have fun!

Scott Chuck McColley said he is interested in your GT2500...:-)

• Like 1

Kelly

I'll be there again with a full load of stuff, I never know what I'm bringing till I put it on the trailer, or stuff the back of the suburban, but the car trailer will be full again.

• Like 1

whfan74

Scott Chuck McColley said he is interested in your GT2500...:-)

Gene,

I have remembered. He is 2nd in line on the tractor.

• Like 1

fabricator2009

Looking for a D200. Or d series stuff.

Fun Engineer

Is there camping at Mentone? I don't want to leave at 4 to get there at 7am. Or can we set up later in the morning?

Jake Kuhn

There is not camping at mentone in the spring....people show up continously through the morning, setup time does not really matter but many people get there around 8 or earlier. Last year we crashed along the way and didn't end up getting there until noon.

• Like 1

Joefrommi65

Dang this sounds great fun, I wish I wasn't working all the time .

shorts

I'm thinking a motel room in the Ft Wayne area for Friday night sounds good to me

whfan74

Or in the Warsaw area which is even nicer!  :roll:

oneroadkingman

I would love to go but I don't think I can get off Friday probably be at least six hour drive for me.anybody from the St Louis area going

I would love to go but I don't think I can get off Friday probably be at least six hour drive for me.anybody from the St Louis area going

Jim_M

You can say that again!

• Like 2

whfan74

Anyone showing up Friday night?

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Steve. Are you looking for the throttle style used on the c series? If so I've got one loaded in the truck for you.

It's a good 3 1/2 hours for me and well worth the trip if you are selling, buying, hungry or just want to start the year off by getting out of the house and meeting quite a few members. It is an excellent day to start the show season. :)

BTW...I am looking for a "T" throttle cable. I want to put one on my 857...I am tired of trying to use the Lock type that never works.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

Fun Engineer

I'm planning on picking up a tractor in Idaville IN the day before and camping somewhere near Mentone Friday night. Any suggestions on a campground?

I'm trying to gauge interest in some tractors I'd like to sell before I commit to loading them up.

Any interest in:

Commando 800, engine condition unknown but it does turn over and has compression. Transmission was just taken apart to check and is in excellent condition. Replaced outer axle needle bearings, axle, input and brake shaft seals and gasket while it was apart. No hubs (trashed them) but does include rear tires. $150

502 partially disassembled roller. Incorrect seat (round), no engine, no steering wheel or steering wheel shaft. Front tires and wheels fair, rear tires not original. No deck. Snow blade is available. Blade believed to be a BD-4262

$150 OBO for the rolling 502

$50 for the snow blade

I'm trying to make room so I'd like to get rid of these soon. I can send pictures if your interested.

Jim_M

I've never been here but it's the closest campground to Mentone and they have a Wheel Horse on their website so it has to be good.

http://lakeviewcampingfun.com/

Fun Engineer

Thanks Jim. I'll give them a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

GlenPettit

I planning on making it, my first time this year to Mentone, 3 hours, will bring almost everything I have.

IMG_0051_zps6cb69a92.jpg

Glen

• Like 3

Jim_M

Thanks Jim. I'll give them a call

Let me know what the place is like. My wife and I do as much camping as we can during the summer. It's not far from me at all, might give it a try if it's decent.

stevasaurus

Thanks Dave...really want to check it out.  :)

shorts

So it's going to be Friday nite in Warsaw, reservations confirmed

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

:) Loading the trailer today. Can't wait to escape the northern Michigan cold.

Staying in a heated cabin at Broken Arrow Campground in Winamac :)

See you there.

• Like 2

oneroadkingman

man ol man this looks like its going to be a great time for all,thats for sure.. :icecream: sure wish i could go :sad:

Fun Engineer

Went to Idaville Indiana today to pick up my new 1965 110 John Deere. I'm staying at the campground in Winamac Indiana driving to Mentone tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Have a safe trip.

u3u6a7up.jpg

• Like 1