Sign in to follow this  
mark89

hh 60

mark89

I have a tec hh60 been trying to get it to run I put new points gaped to .20 coil and condenser got weak spark enuf to light the spark tester but not to fire any ideas

illinilefttackle

Mark- Do you have a Manual for the HH-60? I think one is on this site- You have set the spacing and rotation of the coil mounting plate in addition to setting points for correct timing.

post-132-0-60965700-1392671276.jpg

post-132-0-58628100-1392671420.jpg

Edited by illinilefttackle

mark89

No no manual I will take a look on the site for it

mark89

Still no luck kinda lost on how to gap flywheel or set timming of spark

SousaKerry

Setting the gap to the flywheel is usually best guess as you have to make and adjustment put the flywheel on and check with  mirror or even silly putty for clearance then take the flywheel off make an adjustment and repeat get frustrated and call it good enough.  Or if your lucky enough to have the special tool for this...

What is shown in the picture above is how you set the timing.  The piston has to be .080"? before top dead center (measured with indicator) at this point the timing will just start to open if set correctly.

Techy's are probobly the hardest engine to get the spark timed and set correctly. 

mark89

OK I will try it out and let ya know how I make out hope I get it

Coadster32

">http://pics045.jpg

I had gone thru this a few years back with my H55D motor. This is the chart I got from techy service guys. Another member here posted up a similar chart with different numbers. The thread never truly came to a good solid conclusion with exception for what most other guys set this at. You are on the correct track on timing your motor. Hope this helps/confuses you. Look at the bore and stroke column to find your motor. (The highlighted one is the H55D)

mark89

Well guys I am lost on how to time this thing anyone have a video or live close snuff to creamridge that's good with these tec to show me I'll gladly pay

chazm

Please send $100 for administration fees for  :text-search:  Youtube 

Edited by chazm
  • Like 1

shorts

Chazm, you forgot the Red Square supporter fees.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh: this deals with no or little spark as form this original post of H60. I did take the stator and points plate off to clean and put on new parts on as u can see buy the video. so buy marking the engine and plate do I still have to time the engine????? I thought buy making marks on the block and plate I should be ok with that. any info would be helpful. Enjoy the video. Gary B.............       th_HDV_0045_zps4397bc38.jpg    click on to run

Edited by T1257

Retired Wrencher

Mark- Do you have a Manual for the HH-60? I think one is on this site- You have set the spacing and rotation of the coil mounting plate in addition to setting points for correct timing.

illinlet/ is the 1" to 3" dial gauge. and is the bracket home made???? Gary   B... 

mark89

Yes setting the timing is what I a! In shore of have the dial indicator just need some kind of video an or step by step on how to do it thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far

gwest_ca

I wonder if this manual explains the timing process any better

Garry