Sign in to follow this  
bluetuna08

charger electro 12

TT

That's the OEM deck drive belt tensioner used in 1971-72. (before the Tach-A-Matic system was "invented") :banghead:

jusjeepn

TT, Was this probably added by a p/o or did W/H do carry overs in later years like they did with the 754?

TT

It was added by Wheel Horse. It's the correct tensioner for the tractor it's mounted on in the above pictures. (I believe the later 1971 to mid/later '72 models used this set-up)

jusjeepn

TT Not doubting you, but didn't they only make Electro's for three years (68-70)? Hence my previous question. After that weren't they called Charger's?

TT

You asked about the "mule drive" and I answered. The tractor it's on is a 1970, but that doesn't mean anything. It could have been bought late in 1971 and equipped with the newer deck belt tensioner, or it could have been added in later years. :banghead:

As far as the "Electro" models are concerned - they are ALL technically Chargers with an electric PTO clutch and hydraulic lift as standard equipment.

traktorkidd7/30/93

Shes a bute... :banghead:

especially for $75 :horseplay:

WheelHorse_of_course

My understanding is that all Electro are Chargers but not all Chargers are Electros. In other words it is the deluxe version of the Charger.

However all Raider are Raiders.

I can't say any of this is fact, but that is my impression. :USA::banghead:

Many later got downgraded to manual clutches since replacement electrics are so expensive.