Brrly1

Basketball Jones - Big Ten

stevasaurus

Going out on a limb here to predict who will be the 4 No. 1 seeds...not the final four.

East Region...Florida

South Region...Kansas

Midwest Region...Wisconsin

West Region...Arizona

Syracuse, Michigan, Michigan St., Duke or Wichita St. could replace anyone of those teams that falters down the stretch...or these guys could make up the #2 seeds.  :)

stevasaurus

Just so ya all know...Michigan plays Illinois in about 20 minutes.  Duke just called me...he is concerned about his wolverines.  No problem I said...they will still be OK with the loss tonight...:)  Go Illinois... :woohoo:   Michigan finishes the season with Indiana.  Illinois finishes the season with some low life team...wait for it....four letters...starting with I...Iowa.  :ychain:

How is that for jinxing the Illini??? :bow-blue:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

:banana-linedance: BIG 10 CHAMPS! :banana-linedance:

WEARETHEWOLVERINES.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

bk-scouter

Duke, you need to ad "Big Ten champs" to that sign my friend...

(I don't know how I missed this thread)

-BK

Edited by bk-scouter
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Well...forget EVERYTHING I said about Illinois...except that I jinxed them last night.  They really stunk up the joint and probably ruined any chance of going to the Big Dance. :bow-blue:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Duke, you need to ad "Big Ten champs" to that sign my friend...

(I don't know how I missed this thread)

-BK

BK- Roger That! :handgestures-thumbupright: DONE!!

Edited by HorseFixer

boovuc

The Big Dance is going to be different for me this year!

First off........no Georgetown Hoya's in the tourney!

I will root for Wisconsin through the Big10 tourney and onto the Madness. I just can't root for Ohio State.........in anything.........not even swimming...........or Lacross.........................Not even in a Buick LaCross.......................We Are Penn State...............................and we beat Ohio State............................twice in Men's Basketball......................................and we suck in basketball compared to the elite of the division................................I guess it wasn't a bad season after all.................................................. :banana-dance:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Well here is a conspiracy theory for ya.  We know that Illinois looked really bad against Michigan last Tuesday...I think they did it on purpose.  :eusa-think:  It worked too.  Iowa did not take the Illini seriously last night...and guess what happened??  Illinois beat Iowa 66 to 63.  WOW

:banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:

• Like 1

squonk

Musta run out of corn!  :)

• Like 1

illinilefttackle

Well I can't believe it. The Fighting (Illini) pussycats beat what possibly could have been the league champs and we haven't heard a peep from the Almighty Dino. Dino, where are you? The Hawkeyes finally got there 20th win after falling on three games. It was the first time that had happened all year. It was normally one loss then a win it went three times this round. We have two more games in the regular season with a visot to Mich. State and then a trip home to play the Fighting pussycats (Illini). Lol

PUSSYCATS?        indian2.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Hey Al...the Fighting Pussycats kicked some Hawkeye butt...aye!!!  It is not good to talk bad about the Fighting Illini.  :)

Looks like we have a chance to play Michigan one more time this year. :bow-blue:

7159549-LAS-OHIO-STATE-AT-IOWA-MENS-BASK

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

OK...the idea is to put the ball through the hoop...dah!!!

510bf5126688c.preview-620.jpg

stevasaurus

I don't know what happened...we watched the tapes of the Michigan game...should have been a piece of cake...I think they fished us in and set the hook.  They are a very dangerous team and can beat anyone on a given night...do not take them lightly.  :)

8382837-LAS-IOWA-MENS-BASKETBALL-MEDIA-D

squonk

OK...the idea is to put the ball through the hoop...dah!!!

510bf5126688c.preview-620.jpg

HMMM, Where did you get that aftershave?

stevasaurus

The Big Ten tournament starts this Thursday.  Illinois plays Indiana in the first game...basically a home game for Indiana.  :(  The winner gets to play Michigan on Friday.  How cool is that???  :)

Iowa plays Northwestern in game 4 and the winner gets to play Michigan St.  How cool is that??  :)

Ohio St. gets Purdue and the winner gets Nebraska.  This could be good.  :)

Minnesota gets Penn St. and the winner gets Wisconsin.  It is good to be from the land of cheese.  :)

The smart money puts Michigan against Ohio St....and Wisconsin against Michigan St. on Saturday.  If that is what happens you have 4 of the best teams in the country playing each other.  The smart money here would put Michigan against Wisconsin the the tournament championship...and the winner getting a No. 1 seed in the Midwest regional in the big dance...My guess would be Wisconsin.

OK...here is how it is really going to happen...

Thursday...Illinois beats Indiana...Ohio St. beats Purdue...Minnesota beats Penn St...Iowa beats Northwestern

Friday...Illinois beats Michigan...Ohio St. beats Nebraska...Wisconsin beats Minnesota...Michigan St. beats Iowa

Saturday...Ohio St. beats Illinois...Wisconsin beats Michigan St. 2 OTs

Sunday...Wisconsin beats Ohio St.

Wisconsin get the No.1 seed in the Midwest.  Michigan St. gets the No. 2 seed in the West.  Ohio St. gets a No. 6 seed in the East.  Michigan gets a No.3 seed in the South.  Iowa gets a No. 8 seed in the East.  Nebraska gets a No. 6 seed in the South.  Minnesota gets a No. 12 seed in the West.  Either Indiana or Illinois will get a No. 12 seed in the East. 

Illinois may not go to the dance, but will make the semis in the NIT. 

You heard it here first.  :)  What do you guys think??? :eusa-think:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

You heard it here first.  :)  What do you guys think??? :eusa-think:

:dunno:  :wacko:  :hide:  :help:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Where are all you guys at???  Big Ten Tournament starts tomorrow!!!  :bow-blue::woohoo:

Brrly1

Lurking in the shadows!!!

• Like 1

JimD

For the record, I don't follow basketball at all and I don't have a clue what's going to happen but Steve talked me into this so here's my guess...

Game 1............................Indiana

Game 2............................Ohio State

Game 3............................Penn State

Game 4............................Iowa

:scratchead::popcorn:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Indiana, Ohio State, Minnesota and ok, wait for it, of course, the Iowa Hawkeyes!!!! Oh in case your wondering, I'll take the Hawkeyes all the way thru!! Who didn't know that!

stevasaurus

Illinois beats Indiana by 10 points.  :)

Ohio St. escapes Purdue...2 pt win with Purdue missing the last shot for the win.  OSU was lucky today.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

HorseFixer

WOLVERINE1.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Sooner of later...Michigan's lucky horseshoe is going to disappear!!!  :)

WOW...Michigan St. looked real good against Northwestern. :bow-blue:

HorseFixer

Ok so I called my Pal stevasaurus Yesterday to congratulate him on a well fought game. It went kinda like this...... :ychain:

Note:  some of this may be highly exaggerated.

Chris:    answered the phone... Hello

Duke:    Hi Chris is steve there?

Chris:    Hi Duke no he went Ice Fishin

Duke:    I guess I don't blame him he wouldn't of wanted to see the end anyways!   :eek:

Chris:    Why what happeded?

Duke:    His ORANGES got crushed! :jaw:

Chris:    Oh great...... Looks like he will be drowning his sorrows again in a case of rOcK -n- rYe  :crying-yellow:

Duke:    well at least you'll have fish tonight! 

Chris:    Duke he never catches anything except a cold! :omg:

So here is the remaining bracket.

PLAYOFFBRACKET.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

Old monster movies have better endings than Illinois sports!  :)

• Like 2