Sign in to follow this  
Crille68

What is this?

Crille68

Hi!

I need some help and a little advice. (My girlfriend would NOT agree that this forum is the best place for an andvice in this matters... :omg:) :thumbs:

I saw a "tractor" for sale on the Net and this is the picture of it:

ASerie.jpg

(The seller obviously doesn't know how to set correct date in his camera... :lol: )

Is this "thing" worth a bid?

Sorry to say I'm to far away from the seller so I can't go there to have a look... :D

He says it has a B&S engine on 4,5 hp. He can't se any name or model on it because it has been painted over. Some how he recalls the name Toro but is not shure...he got it from his brother a couple of years ago and havn't had it started but says "should be working but could be hard to get it started..." :banghead:

In Sweden - where I live - it isn't sooo common with Wheel Horse so one must have eyes and ears wide open to get one at a reasonable price - which I suppose is much higher than in USA.

What would a rider like this cost in :lol: ?

I mean if it is a Wheel Horse! Otherwise I would guess it's for free...

:USA:

Teddy da Bear

That is exactly what it is.....an A-51 about 1980

I have one..... See the gallery. Now did I put a pic in the gallery???

I believe wheel horse made 3 models.....an A-51 and A-81 and a A-111, 5, 8 & 11 hp. respectively. It is a tiny dedicated mower....but surprizingly comfortable to ride.

Now why would your girlfriend think this is not the place for advice??

Maybe you can trade her for this tractor.... :banghead:

What kind of advice do you seek?

Crille68

Hi!

Nice and fast answer!

I thought it could be an A-something but was not shure...

The deck was lookin a bit strange to me but im NO expert here.

I was thinking how much a thing like this is worth...is it something to buy...is it easy to repair - hmmm...that was not a easy question... :D

How much does a thing like the A-51 cost in USA?

About trading my girlfriend. Without her I could :banghead: and :USA: all day long on my Wheel Horse but I'm not sure...and I don't know how much a girlfriend is worth...and which need most repair and maintenance! :thumbs:

OOOPS!!!

:lol: Here she comes!!! :omg:

Maybe I need to :lol: ...

pond195520032003

:omg: :USA: :banghead:

Teddy da Bear

Forgive me for not realizing earlier that you are in Sweden!

I would consider any wheel horse in Europe as a rare item.

I got a real bargain on mine and it was not as nice as the one you have pictured. If I recall....I paid $100 U.S. But that one is nicer. Perhaps $200 euro???

That is definately the deck for the tractor. I have never seen one off. It might be more difficult than others to put on.

I replaced my engine with an 8hp. I am not sure how difficult it would be to get parts. I had heard it is difficult to find most any parts in Europe for wheel horse.

I would definately buy it if the price agrees with you.

Perhaps you could put a little pressure on the owner to make sure it is running....not just promises. If he cannot make it run.....offer less money.

Jim_M

I don't know how much a girlfriend is worth...and which need most repair and maintenance!

Trust me, the Wheel Horse is much, much cheaper to maintain than the girlfriend.

Crille68

OK, maybe they are cheaper, the Wheel Horses, but can they make dinner??? :omg:

:USA:

I'm on very VERY thin ice here I think...I mean IF my girlfriend find out my comments here...but I guess that risk is very close to zero. :banghead:

I found the A-51 for sale for about

Teddy da Bear

There should be no difference between chassis of A-51 or A-81. They will ride the same.

As for your girlfriend... I am sure she is very nice and worth keeping.

We apologize if we have offended her.