SousaKerry

Tires-what to do????

SousaKerry

So, tax return came in and Uncle Sam is buying me a new set of shoes for the Lawn Ranger.  THey get delivered last night and this is what was in the box.  Now I know they will most likely be fine when mounted and inflated but they kinda look like crap.

Should I send them back and request refund or just take it up the you know where and use em.

BTW the tires came from a reputable internet market in Cleveland, I'm sure most of you know where.

post-4531-0-13975100-1392313625_thumb.jp

Edited by SousaKerry

varosd

They do look like a Salvador Dali painting!

there was some folks who stretched them back into shape with pieces of wood or reverse bar clamps?

chazm

Yea I got some the same way off flee-bay , Let them set &  breath for a couple days, Mine mounted up fine :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

squonk

They come like that all the time. Gets them in a smaller box to save on shipping. I got some ag's in the mail that looked like black frisbee's. Pop into shape let them sit ina warm area for a day or so and they will be fine.

Hodge71

Its no big deal honestly…I take a tube and insert it in the tire and inflate it to about 15 PSI…It stretches everything back into shape just fine after a couple days in the house. Even faster if I set them in from of the wood burner. I hate messing with wooden blocks and shims..tube is much easier. Its worth the 10 bucks at Tractor Supply

• Like 2

slammer302

Using the tubes works well when I worked at a tire shop all the lawn mower tires showed up like that we just put tubes in them and aired them up

Kelly

Yup any 8" tube blown up in them let them set a few days in the warm. 

varosd

you could dump in the warm tub with some Mr Bubbles! scrub a dub dub!

sorekiwi

Ive put big bake bean cans inside them for a day or so to encourage them to go round again!

• Like 1

312Hydro

Ive put big bake bean cans inside them for a day or so to encourage them to go round again!

Were you concerned with excess pressure popping a bead? I read on another forum (name escapes me) that the #10 cans were each good for 10 psi,but I can't find the link. :eusa-whistle:

Edited by 312Hydro

SousaKerry

Bought a tube and it is stretching now will know in a few days, thing that worries me is there are creases in the rubber still.  Guess that is what I get for buying cheap tires... the pair were only $90 instead of $65 a piece at TSC

312Hydro

I think you will be ok. I saw posts before about tires shipping like that to save money and I never saw where anyone was disappointed. Hope they work and post some pics when you get 'em on!

Kelly

They are pretty good cheap tires, are they Duro brand ?? going by the colored strips on them, these tires were about like yours when I got them. they turned out ok. 

post-85-0-89982000-1392415418_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

sorekiwi

They will be fine once they are mounted.  The main reason for getting them more or less round again before you mount them is to make it easier to pop them onto the bead.

I don't know how the tires are shipped to the tire stores, but I have had a lot of tires shipped to me in a similar state to what you show in your photo.  A tire tube (if you have one) is the best way to round them out again, if you don't have one, then make do with bits of wood, bake bean cans etc to get them somewhere close before you try to mount them.

Edited by sorekiwi

SousaKerry

yes Kelly they are Duro from greater Cleveland tire.