Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

This will make you cry

DMESS

Yes it's an '82-'83 C-195. If it still had the KT-19 twin on it in good working order, I hope it quickly tosses a rod once he has it planted on his "go kart". :USA: 656 minus one more. :banghead: If it was an '84 I would probably send him a threat letter with nasty words inside! :omg: Unfortunately, to each there own. We certainly all can't see things the same way. :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

I have a better idea!

Why not write him and tell him. "Glad that was not a C-195

They are rare and the last one sold at auction for over $10,000!" :banghead:

See if he puts it back together....

Jim_M

I have a better idea!

Why not write him and tell him. "Glad that was not a C-195

They are rare and the last one sold at auction for over $10,000!" :banghead:

See if he puts it back together....

But then he'll think the carcass is worth $5000.00 and I won't be able to buy it for $100.00. :USA:

CasualObserver

I see the guy is in OH... A while back, didn't Nick say that he had to leave an auction before one sold recently? Nick... is this anywhere near you?

Nick

The one I saw was last year and was in poor shape so this must be another C-195. If there truly are less than 700 then a good number of them must be in Ohio. :omg: I missed the rough one for $75 and another was near my grasp when he changed his mind, didnt trade it in, and sold it for around $300. And I may have yet another in my sights now. :USA:

Forgot to add that several members are up not so far from Port Clinton so my bet is they are watching. :banghead:

pond195520032003

would like to have it myself :banghead: but im clear down in s.e. ohio by Jackson :USA:

MaineDad

Pitiful - Disgrace

Brrly1

Nick, That is a darn good guess. Just down the road from me and I am out there quite a bit cutting or drilling concrete. It would be an easy pickup, just throw it right in behind the saw and away we go. Actually with the saw moved forward I could probably get 2 if not 3 in the back of the big work truck Burly

:banghead: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Jim_M

John,

I've sent you a couple e-mails and a PM, but haven't heard back from you. Will you be home Saturday morning?

Jim

WheelHorse_of_course

I have family in Port Clinton. And buying this is not an option for me at the moment.

If someone needs me to pick it up, this might be an option, but we need to get the details straight in advance.

:banghead:

Brrly1

Hello Were kind of hoping it comes back to the west about 40 miles towards T Town. If we have any luck It will end up out in Monclova, Ohio. Refracman has an EYE on it. Fingers are crossed. Burly :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Brrly1

Well guys I found out the situation . The tractor had a repower of a 20hp Honda motor with no hood and the guy that had it before this guy used it to move rocks around at a church. I gave him a call and that is what I found out. So I guess even before this guy got the tractor the motor and even the hood were already gone. Burly :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Duff

Guess we have to cut the current seller some slack, then. But with the resources, connections and parts piles some of the folks around this forum have hopefully a RS member will pick it up and bring it back to it's former glory! Refracman comes to mind...... :banghead:

Duff :USA:

Curmudgeon

Honestly, all he said was he wanted the engine off it. Even if it had been original, he was selling the remainder as a unit. Sometimes I think we get a little too critical of others. I'm sure we all do things with something that someone, somewhere, would think us heathens for doing so.

What I found interesting was his price structure for delivery.

T-Mo

Okay, the seller has removed the item. So I'm going to close this thread. It was borderlining on Karl's initiative about posting auctions, etc., without the sole intention of alerting members here of a potential sale. See this link: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4901

I have been letting this one slide, but it was tinkering on violating that rule and probably did violate it. But since the sale is closed so is this thread.