Ed Kennell

Red Neck roof support

Ed Kennell

Thought I better brace up the roof over my sun room. There is 8" of heavy snow from last Monday and 1" of ice from last Wed., and 14" forcast for tonight.

If this doesn't hold it up, I'll go to plan "B"

post-7208-0-36929200-1392229293_thumb.jp

Plan "B"

1. call the insurance company

2. kick back and wait for spring

• Like 7

SousaKerry

hahahaah

Is that a pool cue on top of it all??

chazm

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do to getter done !!!   :thumbs2: 

Ed Kennell

hahahaah

Is that a pool cue on top of it all??

Close, but no cigar......that is a handle out of an old croquet mallet.  I save everything.    Keeps the support from mashing my aluminum ceiling.

AMC RULES

It's only redneck if it fails.  :ychain: 

953 nut

:text-bravo:   Hope that small "X" leg table will hold up OK.  :text-coolphotos: 

• Like 1

can whlvr

dought the x table will hold much

squonk

Should have had a B& D Workmate under there!

rmaynard

Did you ever think about a couple of these?

post-2221-0-37716700-1392256173_thumb.jp

About $46 from Home Depot. Use them until after the snow is gone, then take them back and get your money back. I do it all the time when replacing porch posts on peoples houses. The manager at Home Depot suggested the scheme to me a couple of years ago. He said that as long as they are not damaged when they come back, there is no problem. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Did you ever think about a couple of these?

attachicon.giflolly.jpg

About $46 from Home Depot. Use them until after the snow is gone, then take them back and get your money back. I do it all the time when replacing porch posts on peoples houses. The manager at Home Depot suggested the scheme to me a couple of years ago. He said that as long as they are not damaged when they come back, there is no problem. :confusion-shrug:

Yeah, that would definitely work Bob, but I don't   :eusa-think:  think It'll qualify for the REDNECK  Status.  :twocents-02cents:  :ROTF:

• Like 1

squonk

People used to get generators cheap that way. HD an Lowes would sell out during an ice storm. Then when it was over, all of these "defective"  gen sets with nothing wrong with them would show up at the stores and the customers demanding money back.  Then the stores had to unload them cheap because they were used. No wonder stuff cost so much now a days. I think that policy is changed now.

rmaynard

The sign on every door and at every register at Home Depot yesterday said "Generators are NOT returnable once the carton has been opened."

flyovrcntry

Yeah I had a friend who's wife would do that with furniture.She would just decide she didn't like the style and they took it back.Just didn't seem right to me,it was the style she wanted.

Ed Kennell

It's only redneck if it fails.  :ychain: 

Guess it doesn't qualify Craig.... It's still holding up. Probably 4' deep at the valley where it meets the main roof.

hm12460

Are you sure you're not in West Michigan??

• Like 1

Digger 66

The sign on every door and at every register at Home Depot yesterday said "Generators are NOT returnable once the carton has been opened."

They can be run in the box , if your crafty  :techie-idea:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Are you sure you're not in West Michigan??

Nope SC Pa.

They can be run in the box , if your crafty  :techie-idea:

I know you need 4 holes....fuel in , air in , exhaust out , and power out.  But how do you know where to cut the holes without opening the box  ? . :eusa-think: