smoreau

CL snow cab find!!

smoreau

Scored a good cab yesterday on Craig's List! good fabric, one cut in the plastic window, one missing bracket. but not bad for a buck and a half :)

00707_FFOXbfpk4C_600x450_zps84d200cc.jpg

00B0B_4zNC25sKKtu_600x450_zps7ab23f03.jp

So it wasn't to bad out after work I decided to see how it fit on my 417A blower tractor. Didn't fit at all! The frame was welded together and noticed it was way to short. So I cut the up rights and added 3" to the rear and 5" to the front. Why would some one want it to be shorter? All I could come up with is it didn't fit in there shed. Oh well it is working for me the way it is tell spring when I make a new frame with a glass front window. It has made snow blowing so much nicer!! Can't believe I waited this long to do this. It's know enjoyable to use this tractor in the winter!!! I always hatted to blow snow as I new I was going to be a snow man when I was done, but know after giving it a test drive with the cab on, I was nice and dry, and actually much warmer too.

1121_zps2985c1d8.jpg

download_zpscd27dbeb.jpg

• Like 6

roscoemi

Put some led flood lights on it and your good to go. :)

rexman72

that was a good score.

smoreau

Put some led flood lights on it and your good to go. :)

I would love to, But I only have a shed to put it in at this time, Just fits.  But soon I should be moving to a house with a garage. I t will have LED floods and a beacon! 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Now you know why it was a buck fiddy. :ychain: 

Edited by AMC RULES

Ed Kennell

Great find..... I see one on my local CL @ $450

John Sullivan

Very nice find. I am looking for one too!!

Edited by John Sullivan

jeremi3210

I love my wh cab the only way to blow snow. I took some flexable dryier vent and clamped it to the hood then put it in one of the zipper openings so i have some warm air in my cab. Works great.

wildman

Great find

Wheel-N-It

Looking good Scott!!!

squonk

Question to all you cab guys. Me being as nimble as a telephone pole, I struggle getting on and off a Horse as it is with Carharts and big boots on. How the heck do you get in and out of those things????? :confusion-scratchheadblue:  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Like 2

MalMac

Getting in and out is a chore indeed. Especially if you are a short old fat guy like me. The older smaller style is especially tough and if it is a manual it's even tougher. The new style that are a Little bigger are not much better. I think it's harder to try and get out of one after you have been in there for a long time and your stiff and cold. They are a great measurement to how old your getting. Each year seems to be just a tad more challenging. Still even with the challenge of getting on and off I would not trade it for the world. There is no comparison to blowing or plowing snow with one on. No snow in the face or down the neck= PRICELESS!

Oh yeah, if you have been plowing or blowing snow for a few hours and you become stiff and you try and get out and the tractor is still running and it's a manual, you might just bump the gear shift because you can't raise your leg high enough. This can happen I assure you. There you will be one leg on the ground one still stuck up in the tractor and away you go. Not a pretty picture of a short fat guy being drug out of the garage hanging out of the tractor heading for the first snow pile. No not a pretty picture at all.

• Like 3

John Sullivan

Hey MalMac,

Have you seen me snow plowing my yard? The reason I ask is because you seem to describe me And my tractor mounts and dis-mounts very accurately:)

Jake Kuhn

Nice score scott!

Kelly

Yup that is the one I seen on CL we talked about on the phone, bummer they cut the frame, I have a few pieces to a cab frame, along with a nice set of doors, when your here in a few weeks bug me I'll show you the frame, might be something to work off.

And yes cabs are about a must with a blower, I don't care what way you blow the snow it always blows back on you, and you are a snowman when done, adding gas with a cab is a pain also, even mine that has a zippered flap in the back to add gas. 

post-85-0-87504200-1392203944_thumb.jpg

boovuc

Nice score! I don't see these around here for less than half what you paid and they aren't in that condition. I keep looking though! I wouldn't doubt that the PO cut it down to fit his shed or garage. It beats leaving it outside all winter and not too bad of a trade-off if you stand less than 5' 6"  I guess.

One other thing and I beg to differ with you Kelly. I have been using a blower on my C-175 for over 15 years. I thoroughly enjoy not seeing a damn thing while using it. I'm ecstatic shooting snow into the wind on a -25 degree wind chill day. I happen to like having my butt frozen to the seat and my glasses coated with powder. It wouldn't be the same if my jeans and drawers weren't half frozen/half soaked when I stumble back into the house.

Oh and when I was a baby, I apparently enjoyed being dropped repeatedly by my parents.

• Like 1

baerpath

Yup some like em some don't.  I've had cabs, never felt comfortable in one.  Too old to think about changing now

shorts

Fortunately I haven't had to install the blower and cab, but I dread the day that the neighbor sells his truck and plow and I'll have to become self sufficient for snow removal again.  I just don't even want to think about this fat old man trying to get into and out of a cab on a C series tractor.

Maybe it's time to set up a pair of tractors and Tom Sawyer the other neighbor and his boys into snow removal service

• Like 1