RMCIII

Think Spring - To Do List

RMCIII

Ok... Since everyone is getting a little tired of the white stuff ALREADY... :banghead:  Here is a little something to help keep the thoughts on spring time... Here is the idea. Post your To -Do list, now, then follow up with photos once the To - Do list is completed.... I'll start it.... Here we go:

• Remove wheel weights/touch up any bare spots
  • Remove chains, spray them down for storage
  • Remove Cab
  • Remove Snow Blower - prep for storage. paint any bare spots, put new scraper blade on, straighten any dings on the auger, replace belt if needed. Tighten all loose nuts, bolts, retainers, ect. :tools-wrench:  :tools-wrench: :tools-wrench:  
  • Change engine oil.. BTW, I've put 54hrs. on the tractor since the blower went on. 4hrs. over my oil change period.
  • Change Hydro oil.... < Question for this. I wanted to switch to Synthetic, but am unsure of the "flushing" quality of the hydraulic cylinder.... If it is not fully flushed, would it cause issues down the road? :scratchead:
  • Grease all zerts
  • Give the GT a nice bath, do a nice mild wet sand on the paint, prep paint with Autopia auto detail products..... < Great stuff.
  • Remove headlights, clean inside the lens, put a seal around the lens to keep water tight.

That should keep me busy for a couple weekends and let's not forget, photo's to follow...

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

I am still thinking Winter .  I bought a shaft/set collar today to put on the snowblower flag to give me some more clearance!   Your list helped starting moving to SPRING Forward!

• Like 1

Desko

To Do list:

•put mower on 455 John Deere (necessary evil can't beat 60 in mower on 3 acres)

•put mower on wheel horse D-160 (smaller jobs 48" deck) remove snow blade

•take snow blower of work horse

•restore work horse

•finish onan for the work horse

•get back in the grove of farming

•change oil in all equipment and re grease periodically

•finish restoration late fall

That's about it besides mowing.

Edited by Desko
  • Like 2

RMCIII

To Do list:

•put mower on 455 John Deere (necessary evil can't beat 60 in mower on 3 acres)

•put mower on wheel horse D-160 (smaller jobs 48" deck) remove snow blade

•take snow blower of work horse

•restore work horse

•finish onan for the work horse

•get back in the grove of farming

•change oil in all equipment and re grease periodically

•finish restoration late fall

That's about it besides mowing.

Don't forget the photos....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: What Chas said.   :beer:

• Like 4

312Hydro

:text-yeahthat: What Craig said Chas said. :beer:  :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Pickle
  • complete KT17 series II overhaul, change hydro oil and filter.
  • Like 1

Jparkes43

To do list

Sand down and paint bodywork

put on new stickers from meadowfield (mark) http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/user/3321-meadowfield/ as he is the owner of www.restorationdecals.co.uk 
Paint rocker cover
Drain oil and replace filter with new K&N filter replace oil with sae-30
Fit newly arrived gauges on new aluminium dashboard (still ned to buy oil temp)
For kill switch (because I like them)
Drive and drive and drive

If you want to see my pics either go to my euro thread (hi I'm James from England ). Or go to my profile http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/user/12410-jparkes43/

Edited by Jparkes43
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Here's my list with Pics...

:wh::chores-mowlawn:

:beer:

:wh:  SHOW   :orcs-cheers:

Hydro and Craig, don't forget the photos of the episodes... :laughing-rofl:

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Definitely want to see that as it progresses...... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Here's my list with Pics...

:wh:  SHOW   :orcs-cheers:  :icecream:

The above for me comes after changing oils and servicing hydros. Also add in there a smiley face with a string trimmer and a smiley face on a Mahindra 4025 with a 6' Bush Hog.

• Like 4

baerpath

Gonna put the tiller on the 195. Just so I'm doing something other than snow blowing.  I'll wait till it gets into the 30's though  Should be March the way it going

• Like 1

RMCIII

Duane, please remember the PHOTOS!!!!

Digger 66

My spring to-do-list is one of those things that usually gets sooo big , I take the whole thing & whittle it down to a few important thing that will be addressed .

#1 for sure is The 66 Ariens blower .

a) new fuel lines & filter 

B) complete carb teardown & rebuild 

c) replace spark-plug wire

I may be asking for some assistance here  with "c" as far as locating a replacement when the time comes .

Tearing the skid-frame out of my sled & replacing bushings / shafts / springs as needed : 

Doos003.jpg

& putting LOTS of miles on my new to me Renegade !!! 

Allangles-Copy_zps99b4f492.png

• Like 1

IthacaJeff

Find someone to fix the Kohler 20M in my D/A 1920. I love my 416, but the 48" deck just takes too long.

The 1920 with a 60" deck, turning brakes, and hydro can mower circles, literally, around the 416. I'm thinking

of knocking down 3 acres of weeds and prepping for planting a woodlot. At bit too big a job for the 416.

Jeff

• Like 1

rydogg

My spring project is some major downsizing of the herd I am going to get from 20+ tractors down to my favorite 3 or 4, extra parts, advertising etc. all going I have way too much stuff and no time to play with or put them together, been listing a little on ebay but can't get into my shed until spring.  Also I will need to  get the boats prepped and ready for a lot of boating.

RMCIII

My spring project is some major downsizing of the herd I am going to get from 20+ tractors down to my favorite 3 or 4, extra parts, advertising etc. all going I have way too much stuff and no time to play with or put them together, been listing a little on ebay but can't get into my shed until spring.  Also I will need to  get the boats prepped and ready for a lot of boating.

Will you be taking any of the ones for sale to the Big Show?

rydogg

Sorry, too far from the show to make it.  Here is a picture of just one shelf of "stuff" the other side of the shed has a larger shelf that is also filled up.  I also have shelves full of parts and engines in my shop.

post-2337-0-74187700-1392217296_thumb.jp

post-2337-0-78804400-1392217459_thumb.jp

• Like 5

papaglide

What 312hydro said that Craig said that Chas said!!! Probably 4 dozen times over. Lotsa grass! Oh yeah, and beer!

• Like 2

RMCIII

Sorry, too far from the show to make it.  Here is a picture of just one shelf of "stuff" the other side of the shed has a larger shelf that is also filled up.  I also have shelves full of parts and engines in my shop.

Maybe they should consider moving it to your place for a HUGE sell-a-thon!!! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

Desko

UPDATE.

Get my dad D-160 to run so I can mow lawn besides using the 455

• Like 2

RMCIII

OK...So, trying to keep this thread going....Update...I cleaned the garagre, 2 bags of trash from the winter...Put up the snow shovles, made room for the removal of the cab and snowblower....Probably will do that next weekend...I did find out that I will need a new pressure line for my pressure washer...Finally gave out during the winter...So, add that to the purchase list...That is all for now.

RC

squonk

Sell all the tractors and keep all the pushers!!  :ychain:  :ychain:

But seriously folks I keep looking out at the yard and see about 8 bushels of pine cones to grind up, a sidewalk that needs repairing, a cellar door that needs replacing and then clean out the shed to store a sulky, tall shooter. 2 mini blowers the 704 and Ezra. Speaking of Ezra I have hubs to replace and a fuel line and he's ready for Arendtsville and a mid grader to paint and put on Marvin also for Arendtsville.

Pickle

I have completed the engine overhaul, changed PTO bearing and race, changed the hydro to 10w30 synthetic with new filter, bought a 42" side discharge mower deck to use the deck support bars to repair my 48" deck, ran a plow disc over the garden. All the repairs seem to be working well.