mcghs

Snow Cab Lights

mcghs

What have you guys who have snow cabs been using for lights and did you build a project box inside the cab to terminate the wiring?

Thanks in advance,

mcghs

chazm

Here's Duke story on the subject :handgestures-thumbupright:

varosd

Here's Duke story on the subject :handgestures-thumbupright:

Dang  you beat me to it!!! :D

Duke has broken the code on snow cab customization!!!

roscoemi

I made a bracket around the front of the cab using existing holes and mounted led's rated at 4320 lumens at 6000 color using 2.25 watts each.

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys!  :USA:  I didn't use a Hobby box but I instead used Track Molding the  kind w/ double side sticky tape on it, Purchased from Lowes. I painted it Black with Krylon plastic paint then fitted it in cab cutting and drilling holes for the wires to run in. I then cut wires to nicely fit and used soldering iron and shrink wrapped the connections. To get wires down from overhead I used black ribbed smurf tubing and wire tied to cab posts. This all makes for a pretty tidy install. (I am anal on no wires hanging loosely!)  :eusa-whistle: Go with the 6000K as Roscoemi mentioned I used 15w wich comes out  be pulling  1.25 amps  but they pull a little less. Belive me when those LED's hit that white snow  it makes a heck of alot of difference being able to see. P.S. I havent posted pictures yet but my LED back up Camera and reverse Beeper are ordered and should be in by friday So I will have something to play with over weekend!  :ychain:  Pics posted Soon possibly w Video . I figured I need to see what Im running into.  :)

• Like 1

GlenPettit

Google has a new feature that is really impressive and huge, called IMAGES;

just type in:

Wheel Horse Cabs    

then open up the section called (by clicking the blue title for it): 

Images for Wheel Horse Cabs

They have huge image collections like that for nearly every item now on Google,

try 'Images for Wheel Horse Logo'.    Lots of the photos have been taken from Red Square

and the members' tractors here.    Then if you click the image you like, you can often

see where & when it was posted and sometimes how to contact the originator.  All of

them are easy downloads to copy.

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 1

mcghs

Thank you everyone for sending me links to Duke's pages of Wheel Horse enhancements.  Especially the parts on his lights and all of the hours of trial and error in going to LED's.

Duke if you read this post = Great Job on the tractor!

Thanks again,

mcghs