Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

C141 headlight bulbs

876wheelhorse

Hello looking for a part number and where can I buy bulbs for my headlights? They are stock.. I think one worked when I bought it now neither do so has to be bulbs blown... Not sure if parts store have that bulb or not

varosd

Here's you parts manual & I believe it should be a standard auto bulb you can get @ parts store  :thumbs2:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/getdownload/11960-tractor-1979-c-series-auto-late-8-speed-ipl-810118r1pdf/

they are standard old school marker bulbs with the 1156 base on it.  there are numerous old posts on this subject to include various modifications that folks have done over the years. Use the excellent search engine here on RS.

• Like 1

Kelly

Auto parts store 1156 bulb, even Walmart in the auto section, be sure the hood is grounded to the frame good through the hinge, in the winter if plowing or blowing they may get ice or rust built up and not ground right.

• Like 1

Save Old Iron

Auto parts store 1156 bulb, even Walmart in the auto section, be sure the hood is grounded to the frame good through the hinge, in the winter if plowing or blowing they may get ice or rust built up and not ground right.

or better still, run a new ground wire from the lamp house to the tractor frame and be through with erractic headlight issues.

• Like 1

876wheelhorse

SWEET  ill grab a couple bulbs i noticed that the one was loose under the hood nothing holding it there other than the bulb...

876wheelhorse

any light fixtures that fit in the factory hole? looking for light not show

varosd

search "headlight" or "headlamp" under the excellent Search tab here on RS. you will find multiple threads on this very subject.

folks have used LED panels, painted the light bucket white or silver, applied silver reflective material etc.