kevmor40

3 point hitch for GT 14

kevmor40

Hi I'm a newbie to the forum and a newbie to wheel horse owner also. I found an old gt14 sitting next to a barn just buried in weeds and brush. This thing had the ark loader on it and a steel weight box mounted to the rear and all I could think was "wow! What idiot would do this to such a great piece of machinery?" Anyway I talked the lady into selling it to me for $100.00. So I trailered it home and I've completely stripped everything off and I have been sandblasting and repainting in my spare time. I also bought another k321 engine for it for $300.00 and it runs great I'm still going through the original engine and rebuilding it but I couldn't pass up the deal on that kohler it is a real strong runner. Anyway I need a hood for it and I'm struggling finding one so if anyone has advice that would be great and where can I find a three point hitch for this horse ? I would love to install one. Well that's my story and I will attach some before and after pics when it's finished. Thanks for any information you may have to offer

posifour11

Congrats. Sounds like you got a heck of a deal!

• Like 1

brandonozz

Congrats. Sounds like you got a heck of a deal!

I'll say, that is like catching a 10 pound bass or taking a 12 point buck on your first trip out. It just spoiled you. You likely won't find a deal that good ever again.

I'm sure some on here are going to call you a horse thief!

• Like 1

brandonozz

Oh yea, Welcome to Red Square.

Remember to get us those pictures.

• Like 1

.5racer

that's where I left it ,, :ychain: ,,lol   . Great find and :WRS:       And as always   pic pic :wwp:  pic    lol :flags-usa:

• Like 1

meadowfield

That sounds awesome, we want pictures :D

wheeledhorseman

:WRS: you've certainly come to the right place. :thumbs:

One day I'll be walking along somewhere and ............. (hasn't happened yet but live in hope) :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

That wasn't just a deal, it was a steal!

Look forward to seeing some photos of the project as it progresses.

Andy

• Like 1

KC9KAS

WOW, a GT-14 AND a loader for $100!

:WRS:

Ever once in a while a 3pt will show up for sale on here. Good luck!

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

first off, welcome to redsquare and  :text-worthless:

Koen

• Like 1

kevmor40

Thanks everyone and I will post pics soon

jeremi3210

Please do!!

• Like 1

kevmor40

Ok I created an album called "GT 14 Resurrection " the pics aren't the best but you'll see just how rough it was when I got it. I will continue to add updates as I progress. And if anybody can lead me to a hood and three point hitch I would appreciate it

dodgemike

My dream. A Wheelhorse with a

loader on it. I agree with theOP

about leaving something like that

out to rust away. Sounds like it is

in good hands.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Ole MN

:WRS:  You are going to love it.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

I appreciate how welcoming and jealous everyone is, but not a single person has mentioned a single word about his question. He has asked twice now and nothing. Please keep this on topic!

I dont know much on the GT14's but here one of our members made his own links

• Like 1

brandonozz

I appreciate how welcoming and jealous everyone is, but not a single person has mentioned a single word about his question. He has asked twice now and nothing. Please keep this on topic!

I dont know much on the GT14's but here one of our members made his own links

I don't believe when "kevmor40" made his post he found any issues with members commenting on his great find, in fact most people enjoy when others tell them how well they did. I believe he even "liked" a a few comments which would indicate to me that is likely true. I really dont believe because we didn't respond to his answers that we were "off topic" as his questions were in the story of his find.

I'm not very familiar with the GT 14's but I "believe" I remember reading that their three point assembly will interchange with the D series three point except for a couple of parts. Hopefully someone else will clarify.

Kevmor40, There are some vendors that will likely chime in with what they have or PM you if they have what you need and you can also put a listing in the wanted section if you haven't already.

• Like 1

kevmor40

Great thanks for the information everyone

Brrly1

It might interchange the lower legs are thicker than the GT14, I believe the GT14's lower legs are 5/8" wide where as the D series is an  3/4" thick. I don't think they are exact copies but close. The down links are totally different also. Do you know exactly what year tractor your dealing with. I might be able to help on a hood and or other pieces, maybe.

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1

jeremi3210

That is one nice looking gt14!! I found my 3point on ebay they come up from time to time. My friend has a d200 and his lower arms a the same as mine.

KC9KAS

WOW, a GT-14 AND a loader for $100!

:WRS:

Ever once in a while a 3pt will show up for sale on here. Good luck!

#8 post

Brrly1

Ok then, can't seem to find pictures, would you mind posting a link to them?

boovuc

Great pictures and a great save! I commend you on taking on a project like this. In regard to a hood for your tractor, I would just cruise Craigslist looking for a parts tractor which will undoubtedly show up some day. You will find you'll pay more for your parts tractor than what you did for the one your restoring but it will be well worth it.

You will need some parts going forward considering how long that tractor sat outside and it is your best bet o getting a hood for yours.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress! 

KC9KAS

Ok then, can't seem to find pictures, would you mind posting a link to them?

I had the same problem.....Where are the photos?

Ok I created an album called "GT 14 Resurrection " the pics aren't the best but you'll see just how rough it was when I got it. I will continue to add updates as I progress. And if anybody can lead me to a hood and three point hitch I would appreciate it

Brrly1

Ken, thats all good but when I click on kevmor40's name it takes me to his page. At that point I click on gallery and it tells me ther are No albums or images. Sorry don't mean to look to stupid but it's not me I have done almost everything I can to view. To No avail

kevmor40

I'm trying to figure it out so hang in there