Sign in to follow this  
Parke1

Source for tire chains?

Parke1

Anyone know where I can purchase some chains for my 314-A? The size is 22x7.50-12.

I'm also going to be needing some for my '73 8-Horse 4-Speed, but I haven't looked to see what size those tires are yet.

Thanks for any leads!

-Parke1

CasualObserver

Are you looking for an online source or a local source? There's tons of places to buy them online, just google tire chains. Locally... you can check with a tire store, or most farm and home type stores (TSC, Farm&Fleet, Farm King, Rural King) stock that sort of item in their tire and wheel department. You may have to ask for them, but they usually have them.

sorekiwi

I got mine online last year from Cedar Rapids Tire- http://shop.cedarrapidstire.com/

The website didnt list anything for my size tire, so I called them. They called me back with a price and 2 days later they were here. Dont remember the price, but even with shipping it was cheaper than TSC and Sears.

I was really happy with their service (usual disclaimer).

htopjimmy26

Laclede chain is a good company I have their 2 link spaced chains and love them. They are high quality for the price. Down side is their website doesn't show the garden tractor sizes, try calling them and asking about closest distributor. Chains are heavy and shipping is expensive. Good luck.

Duff

Hey, htopjimmy26! :USA: Glad to have you among us!

Where are you from?

Duff :banghead:

htopjimmy26

Hello to you, I am from sunny {for now} upstate New York and just joined. I am trying to muddle through the signature part of the profile so I can tell you all what I have for machines.

illinilefttackle

:USA: Parke1-Of course there is always the "cheap" way-I cut down an old set of car chains that I had laying in a shed-Price was right and they work great! Since this picture- I took the pieces of chain leftover from cutting down and added them between the existing cross chains-SO-now I have twice as many cross chains as in the pic!-AL :banghead:

cutchains002.jpg

Craig Arndt

Bought mine last year on ebaY- they are 2 link spacing and really tough. Haven't used them yet, but they'll be going on in a couple months. I think I paid $40 plus shipping which I thought was a good deal for 2 link. :banghead:

Craig Arndt

:banghead: