Ed Kennell

Honey Do

Ed Kennell

Good day to work on the "LIST" while waiting for the snow to stop. Hun bun has had the rebuild of her hand made Amish built silverware chest on the list forever.

The top and bottom are 1/8" out of square, and she wants it refinished or painted.

rmaynard

Now that's what I call a nice tool box for that C-101. Might be a little awkward mounted on the side there. :ychain:

That's the kind of stuff I did before I discovered Wheel Horses. Now the wood shop has become the tractor shop, wood stain and clear finishes have been replaced with Wheel Horse red paint, but those never-ending honey do lists keep on coming!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:  Whaat...the Amish did that?    :scratchead:

• Like 1

varosd

Don't paint  Don't paint!!!!  looks like Mahogany.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I hear ya Bob,  My woodworking has taken a back seat to the horses also, but now and then I like to make some sawdust.

Yea, I guess they aren't perfect either Craig.

I'll try for the refinish Don, But I'll do what it takes to keep Hun Bun smiling.

• Like 1

flyovrcntry

I would not try to square it,you would have to take it apart and it's really dry and brittle now.

When someone mentions honey do lists I always think of my deceased father in law.He was a machinist and could make anything,his wife always had a list a foot long,but he liked working in the garage .She would get mad and tell him about all the things that needed to be done in the house,you could see him shaking his head ok,ok.After she went back in he would just keep doing what he was doing.When he would go in for something she would say are you going to do this or that, he would shake his head yes and say as soon as im done with this or that. This went on for years,I don't think her list ever got any shorter.It's prob still stuck in her bible where she was praying on it the day she passed.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Checked another one off the list.

New valance boards and mini blinds for the Grandsons bedroom.

post-7208-0-83432600-1392090578.jpg

post-7208-0-20226900-1392091033.jpg

About three more shut-in snow storms, and the "DO" list will be completed.    :woohoo:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Whoa..slow down Ed... :popcorn:

you gotta pace yourself buddy.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Looks like I'll get a break on Thursday and Friday.  Time out to blow some snow. :techie-hourglass:      :handgestures-thumbupright:

rexman72

great job she will want you to do more more more

shorts

Looking good, but the do list is never complete, it just gets more additions

Ed Kennell

great job she will want you to do more more more

Looking good, but the do list is never complete, it just gets more additions

Yep,  now She wants that bedroom painted to match the new valances.   :deadhorse:

flyovrcntry

I learned in the contracting business how to keep the list at a minimum.An old contractor told me not to correct any flaws while building.The owner will focus on these minor flaws ,but if you fix it right away they go looking for something else.I found out it works real good at home too.You ask any builders wife and she will tell you her house is never finished.