Uncle Buck

wheel weight question

Uncle Buck

Aside from genuine WH wheel weights, what other brands are possible considerations for an 857 wh?

Would current Sears wheel weights work on my old 857?

876wheelhorse

prob if you have a 12 inch wheel like most garden tractors do they will fit like john deere weights fit on a horse sears etc.....

• Like 1

chevyaddict83

I hate to admit i have plastic crapsmen weights on one of mine. But the price was right.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Kelly

ANY weight made for a 12" wheel will fit with the right bolts, I have a pallet full of weights I can ship most of them, even a set of real WH weights send me a PM for more info

• Like 2

varosd

I hate to admit i have plastic crapsmen weights on one of mine. But the price was right.

also guilty of having "yellow" plastic rears on.  they are the 80 pound or so ones that came off 400 series JD.  they are on the 520 and the 416 has the plastic WH weights.  now have rubber chains on both rigs

squonk

Red paint in spray cans can cover all types of sins!  :)  :ychain:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

leeave96

I have two sets of plastic wheel weights - one with a tacky/flaking-off paper Wheelhorse decal and the other set is identical, is MTD and has no sticker.  I've had great luck with them sometimes you can find them where the price is right.  I bought my MTD weights several years at a Lowes and they were marked clearance for $25, including all mounting hardware.

bmsgaffer

I have a set of 40# (i think) plastic original wheel horse weights. They show some wear and tear but work just the same. PM me if you are interested.

indawire

I've got a set of the plastic ones w/ the WH logo I found at the dump (er, I meant the transfer station).

over60pirate

Barbell weights

post-6550-0-11238200-1395107030_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tankman

Brake drums and carriage bolts. Although I had cast WH weights, son "needed" them, was easy enough to make a pair. Concrete filled 'bout fifty pounds each.

post-8021-0-71278300-1395628078.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Stigian

Brake drums filled with concrete... I like your thinking :D