COMMANDO1

Plow Wings?

COMMANDO1

Don't know what else to call them. Anyone have pics of add on plow wings so that you can collect snow without it escaping off to the sides? Would be a better set up for my driveway. Thanks.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I thing they are called drift cutters. What kind / size snow thrower do you want to put them on? I just recently saw a set for a wheel horse snow thrower on ebay. the fella asked $20. and recently he re listed them for $10.

Glenn

edit: sorry just saw you were asking about a plow.

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

squonk

I think he means wings for the snow plow. Cycle country has them for atv plows. Might have to try them or have my Fabricator buddy make me some.

http://www.cyclecountry.com/products/plow-accessories/plow-wing.html

• Like 1

bitten

Has anyone added hydraulic "wings"? I have seen one of the members here make a hydraulic V plow, that would be cool. I have been thinking maybe about 14" on each side to scoop the snow but still be able to wind row it. 

JUSS10

I put a "wing" on one side of my plow once. The plow went to my brother in law down south so I took it off. Let me see if I can find a picture. It worked pretty well. Mine was just a plate so it wasn't so much a "wing" as it was a stop so i could angle it and prevent snow from coming off that side of the plow. 

JUSS10

here are a few pictures

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

COMMANDO1

yes that's it , how did u attach

Kelly

Looks like 3 bolts through holes drilled in the end of the plow and plate

JUSS10

Kelly is correct. That said, I think the blade that came with that tractor was homemade, or from something else. it had a flat edge on the side of the blade that I could bolt the plate to. The plow on my 1054 doesn't have that edge to bolt on. If i were to do this on that plow I would likely draw out an arched piece and get it cut at a laser shop and weld it on so i could bolt this side plate on. You could also use a few pieces of angle iron to make brackets that you weld on to the plow and use as tabs for mounts for a plate. hope that makes sense

FYI the tractor in the background is the one of my neighbor I was asking about in another post...