xring1

Transmission drain on C-125

xring1

In my manual it says there is a pipe plug drain on the left side toward the end of the axle housing. Guess I am blind cause I don't see anything like that. Help !

varosd

most likely covered in dirt/grease. clean it out and you will need an Allen wrench.  think 1/4 inch

stevasaurus

It is not on the end of the axle housing...it is on the main casting near the back of the transmission just below where the axle housing is.  Usually on the left side.  :)

xring1

Found it. Thanks

My son slightly overfilled the transmission and I hope that is why it started going slow

rmaynard

Is this an 8-speed or automatic?

gehosky c-125

I have a c-125 8 speed and it seems to have oil on bottom of case on transaxle any ideas where this could be coming from thanks in advance for the help 

pfrederi

Drain plug or the axle seals are leaking running back along the axle housing and down to the lowest point.  Clean it off and observe

gehosky c-125

Thanks Paul, are theses seals hard to replace 

SousaKerry

Seals themselves are easy, getting to them not so much.  The big problem is getting the hubs off the axles.  If your lucky the leaking axle seals will have kept them lubricated so that they don't rust fast.  If not this forum is filled with horror stories of removing the axle hubs.  Once the hubs are removed you must file/sand all burrs off the axles and it is fairly strait forward to pop the old ones off and new ones on.

gehosky c-125

what are these seals called cant find them on ebay. also is there a manual i can download to see how to replace these

found them lol

stevasaurus

gehosky...open the pinned thread at the top of this Transmission Section...PDF #3 has a listing of all the seals and bearings for your transmission...if it is an 8 speed and not an automatic.  You can dig out the seals with an awl, or by using a small sheet metal screw and then prying...they are only about 1/8" thick.  Use a piece of plastic tubing that just fits over the axle to tap them back in.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

gehosky c-125

thanks stevasarus i have an eight speed i also have a spare trans to think i will replace all the seals in it then put it on tractor then do the other one thanks for all the help 

gehosky c-125

sorry new to this site what you mean pinned thread 

chazm

The 1st thread in the trans section / Bearing & seals-cross- numbers or click below    :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1