mowerman1193

Any I-pad Tablet Users?

mowerman1193

I use a laptop and pretty much just a laptop.. I do use my android phone at times of boredom while on the go or sometimes when the kids are hogging the computers.. I had tossed the idea of a tablet.. not really wanting to spend the cash for a I-pad.. I was just curious how many of you all might use a tablet or I-pad.. Are they fast? How would one compare to a 2 year old laptop? I am guessing here but don't they run off a android type system.. so it would be a lot like my phone... just bigger, LOL

Kev     

squonk

I use my I-pad quite a bit. My main puter is in one room away from the T.V. After dinner I grab the pad and sit in the recliner and watch and surf. It is like a giant phone. My only complaints are I can't post smileys and sometimes if I post a pic from it for some reason it comes out upside down.

chazm

Got 1 of these for the wife 2 years ago , still does a good job for a tablet. Lot better priced than an I-pad :handgestures-thumbupright:

Le Pan II 9.7" Android Tablet

Le Pan II Tablet - Android 3.2, Dual-Core 1.2GHz processor, 9.7" Multi-Touch Screen, 1GB DDR2, 8GB Flash, 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Black

Edited by chazm

meadowfield

90% of my posts are from ipad. Even my videos are edited and uploaded from ipad.

I like the fact it always works and is on 24/7 :D

• Like 1

mowerman1193

Thanks for the replies. I think I might look into getting just a low cost tablet to see / learn if it is something I would like for sure or not. I really like to use my phone but most times it is to hard for my big fingers to type on the little touch screen keyboard.. Thinking maybe a tablet with bigger screen would be nice..

Kevin

rexman72

my 7 and 9 year old kids love the Ipad tablet.They use it more then the computer.They can bring It with them wherever they go.

leeave96

My laptop bit the dust, but before it did,I bought a Hisense Sero 7 inch tablet at Walmart on sale for $79. It ain't fast or flashy, but it gets the job done.

I'd love to buy an iPad, but I can buy another Wheelhorse or two for the $$$'s.... ;)

• Like 2

nylyon

I bought my wife an iPad Mini with Retena for her birthday and in turn I got her old iPad 1. I'm not sure that I'm a tablet person as I really need a keyboard to type on. I'll give it a try but I hear my MacBook calling my name

• Like 1

leeave96

My $79 Hisense Sero 7 inch tablet became unreliable - wouldn't take a charge half the time, low battery lift and not a very responsive touch screen. Sooooo - I bit the bullet last Friday and bought an iPad Mini with retina display and MERCY - THIS THING IS GREAT!!!!!!

If I know how much better a tablet - I'd bought one of these things many moons ago. Unbelievable screen resolution, looooooooooonnnnnnnggggg battery lift and a great touch screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

DOC in Kentucky

I use my IPad to check in a couple times a day since I retired. It took some getting use to at first but now I can find my way around pretty easy. I started with Apple products in the late 80's but used mostly PC apps since there was a lot more SW products for them. I still prefer my PC for EBay, web searching and banking/bill paying but the IPad still is very useful.....just IMO!

nylyon

If it's just for looking around, the iPad is fine, but being interactive I find it cumbersome to use.  For me it's not going to replace my Macbook!

• Like 4

leeave96

My $79 Hisense Sero 7 inch tablet became unreliable - wouldn't take a charge half the time, low battery lift and not a very responsive touch screen. Sooooo - I bit the bullet last Friday and bought an iPad Mini with retina display and MERCY - THIS THING IS GREAT!!!!!!

If I know how much better a tablet - I'd bought one of these things many moons ago. Unbelievable screen resolution, looooooooooonnnnnnnggggg battery lift and a great touch screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update to my own response. Brought a new iPad mini retina several weeks ago after my $79 tablet crashed. Holy cow, what a huge difference. Everything is better!

• Like 1

dandan111

Apple is the best I think. More simple for me. Don't lock up/crash.

• Like 1