i967mustang

Help with 416-8

i967mustang

Hi guys, I just picked up a Wheel Horse 416-8 hydro and now I need to get it off of my truck. We had a lot of guys there when we picked it up so they just lifted it up and put it in the back of the truck. I need to find the release for the hydro so I can roll it down ramps to get it off, but it is a different configuration than my C160 and I can't find the release. Can someone tell me where it is? Thanks.

AMC RULES

My 520 H, you disengage the trans and move the motion control fully forward or to the rear...

then push by hand...no towing it.  

ericj

if it hasn't been run for a while it should push easly. but you said it was a 416-8 hydro which is it a hydro or an 8 sp and if it is a hydro it should be an eaton 1100 with a filter on it if it has no filter its an eaton 700 and then push the motion control lever all the way forward and you should be able to push good luck

eric j

i967mustang

Thanks, I pushed the motion lever all the way forward and was able to push it. When I got it inside and wiped some of the snow off it says 416 Hydrostat on the side. I don't see a serial number on it anywhere, so I think someone peeled off the sticker. It is a Onen 16 horse twin and has a filter on the left side of the rear. There is no handle to release the belt tension like on my C series tractors. Is there anyway to figure about what year this is? or do I just look up the engine numbers and figure it that way?

Martin

pictures will get you close on year. if you post a pic or report back on the engine spec decal then a few of us with Onans can check our serials and that could possibly get you closer. the model serial number for the tractor was on the seat pan under the seat on those models, so look there first and see if you can find it......

we want pics though.......

Edited by Martin

ericj

that tractor should push very easy if it hasn't been run for awhile there is no handle to disengage the trans depending on the year. we need pictures to help determine the year

eric j

i967mustang

Too dark for pictures by the time we got it back together after cleaning the gas tank and carb. But I did find the serial number and Model number, I can't find my page that had all the numbers on it though. Can someone look this up and let me know what it is? Model number is: 73421 Serial number is: 5900735. It looks good except for the hood, someone drilled holes in it and had something mounted to the hood with home made brackets. It is slow in forward but goes like a rocket in reverse. I guess there is an adjustment somewhere for that but we will go one step at a time with this because we don't need it till spring. It has a great running Onin 16 twin.

posifour11

1993?

i967mustang

Looking this up by model it could be a 93,94,or 95 serial number dates it to 95. What transmission would this have? Eaton 700 or the 1100? It has a filter that is inline, not mounted to transmission. What else would I need to ID the trans?

Martin

73421 with that serial (5900735) is a  416H 1995.

i have 2 1995s

a 73421 416H serial 5900398

and a 73420 416-8 serial 5900798 i think.

Edited by Martin

Martin

Looking this up by model it could be a 93,94,or 95 serial number dates it to 95. What transmission would this have? Eaton 700 or the 1100? It has a filter that is inline, not mounted to transmission. What else would I need to ID the trans?

by your description of the filter you have an 1100, that is what they came with. 

this is the eaton 1100 in my 92 416H....

post-4321-0-09063000-1391137223_thumb.jp

leeave96

Hydro with a manual lift would indicate an Eaton 700 tranny in addition to the absence of a tranny filter.

Forest Road

Congrats! Toro's serial numbers started

with the year. 59xxxxx serial was 1995 69xxxx = 1996 and so on. Good luck with it.