Sign in to follow this  
Parke1

Speaking of snowplows...

Parke1

Hi gang,

This is my first post here. I have two Horses, a 1973 8-Horse 4-Speed, and a 1985 314-A. I love both of them. The 314 is my primary riding mower, and the 8h-4s just gets joy ridden from time to time.

Anyway, I found a Wheel Horse snow plow, but I don't know what it is, or if it will fit either of my tractors. Here are the two best pictures I could get:

plw1.jpg

plw2.jpg

Any ideas what this came off of, or what it will fit? Hopefully one of mine...

Thanks guys!

-Parke1

CasualObserver

First... :USA: lots of good people here with good information.

Can you post the numbers off the tag in the circle? The model number is on that tag. I'm not familiar with that frame, could belong to a vertical shaft tractor? Joel... does that belong to one of your style of herd??? :banghead:

plw1.jpg

T-Mo

:banghead:

I'm with Jason, I'm not familiar with that frame either. It don't look like any Wheel Horse snow plow frame I have seen, but again, I'm not as fluent in Wheel Horse as some here are. But, here is a good thread that has a lot of great info on some of the snow plows available: Snow Plow Info

pond195520032003

I would also like to say :lol: im pretty sure that is for a vertical shaft model :banghead: but Joel will know for sure :omg::USA: for a minute, nice I.H. #2 trailer you got there :thumbs: ok, back to topic :lol:

Teddy da Bear

:banghead: So glad you could join us!

I am unfamiliar with that style of frame too.

I would guess it is for a specific tractor style.......definately 70's

Even if it is a vertical shaft design....I still think it will

work on your 1973 tractor.

Parke1

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I can buy that snowplow for $100. According to the owner, it belonged to his father and was never mounted on a tractor, but he can't remember what kind of WH he had...

The guy isn't the most friendly, so I'm not sure if I can get him to send me the model ID off of the tag. If I can find that, can it be cross referenced to see if it'll fit my 1973? It has the quik-tach system, but I can't tell if the plow has that same style set-up, since I don't know that much about them yet.

Thanks again!

-Parke1 :banghead:

Teddy da Bear

Oh if it isn't already yours... I would "personally" pass on it.

Get the style of blade that was made more for your style of

tractors.

I believe if you do a search of the impliments gallery....you

could find an example of a 70's style of snow plow.

And...if your so inclined... Come to the Mentone Indiana

tractor show and swap meet on the 20th-21st. of September.

Mentone is featuring wheel horses! See the posting under

general shows.

You might find something to better suit your needs.

And then there is the bigger swap meet (all tractors) in

Portrland Indiana in October.

Kelly

:banghead: That is for sure a vert. plow, for I belive the A and B series

combatmp29r

No model number needed. Its a vertical shaft snow plow for the A series (A80,A90,A100) 6-7122 or 23. Its the same as the 70-73 6-7121 plow, except they slotted the mounts instead of just having through holes. Easy of install was the reason I've been given. Will it fit any of your horses? NO!! Not with out alot of modification. These mid mount just behind the front wheels, but not in the same spot as a mid mount attach-a-matic. So you would have to cut off the ears and extend the frame, and also fab a new lift point. The verts lift the plow by pushing down and forward using the mid mount as a fulcrum, instead of lifting like the horizontals.

My advice, would be to save the $100 and put it towards the proper blade. They pop up for that or less quite often. Just my $.02

• Like 1

Parke1

Ok, I looked around for a couple days, and wound up purchasing a blade exactly like this one:

f6c968fd.jpg

Now, the model number off of mine is 42BC01-1792

Which of my two Horses will this fit? Either the 1973 8-Horse 4-Speed, or the 1985 314-A? The 73 already has a rear mount bracket on the axle, and the blade came with one which I can add to the 314.

Thanks for the help!

-Parke1

pond195520032003

this blade will fit both tractors :omg: will also fit the short frame tractors as it has the extra holes in front of the rear ones :USA: might have to get a different rear attach a matic :lol: but i would try it first to be sure :banghead: also might have to turn the angle arm around(might hit the running/foot boards on one or both tractors) :D:lol: great find though :thumbs: :horseplay: :banana:

WheelHorse_of_course

I have one like this. Fits the 854 as is.

For the Charger the running board is in the way. Before I got the 854 I just used this without the angling arm. I would just get off to change the angle.

This winter the charger will have the blower and the 854 the plow, so I'll be ready for anything :banghead: :horseplay:

Craig Arndt

You've done well grasshoppa. :banghead:

That is the right blade and a lot tougher. My 48" blade weighs a ton, so even without down pressure, its got a lot of its own. Wish you well, happy blading! :USA: